1. Rick Hiebert
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Thursday, 25 February 2021 18:39 PM UTC

Hello,

I installed PB 2019 R3, but when I go to the Database Profiles Window, MSOLEDBSQL SQL Server is not listed.

I tried rerunning the installer, but there was nothing new to install.

I've installed the Microsoft OLE DB Driver 18.5 for SQL Server.

Any Suggestions?

Accepted Answer
Ken Guo @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 26 February 2021 08:48 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # Permalink

Hi Rick,

Please go to the registry to check and see the key MSOLEDBSQL exists under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Sybase\PowerBuilder\19.0\Vendors\.

If not, please try to use regsvr32 to re-register pbmsoledbsql.dll to add this registry key, you can execute the following command:

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\Common\PowerBuilder\Runtime 19.2.0.2670\pbmsoledbsql.dll"

This issue might be related to permission. To further locate the root cause of it, it is suggested you upload the PB installation log files for us to analyze. The default path is C:\Windows\SysWOW64\AppeonInstallLog.

Regards,

Ken

Comment
  1. Rick Hiebert
  2. Friday, 26 February 2021 20:55 PM UTC
Even though I do not have rights to view the Registry, I tried running the command, and it worked. Thank-you so much for your help.
  1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Friday, 26 February 2021 21:04 PM UTC
Hi Rick ... this can often happen if you do not select a "Full Install" (my personal default GoTo) at the beginning of the PB installation.
  1. Helpful 1
There are no comments made yet.
XIAN LIU Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 11 August 2022 01:49 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

borrow PB2021 connects to SQL SERVER and prompts "Microsoft OLE DB Driver for SQL Server (MSOLEDBSQL) is not installed", what should I do? Thank you

Comment
  1. Ken Guo @Appeon
  2. Thursday, 11 August 2022 02:39 AM UTC
Hi Xian,

Please let me know which version of Microsoft® OLE DB Driver you installed.

PB 2019 R3 and PB 2021 don't support Microsoft® OLE DB Driver 19. Please install and try Microsoft® OLE DB Driver 18.

Microsoft® OLE DB Driver 19 will only be supported when PB 2022 is released.

Regards,

Ken
  1. Helpful 1
Rick Hiebert Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 26 February 2021 13:59 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi Ken,
Unfortunately I do not have rights to view or edit the registry. Even though I am a local Admin on my PC.

I have attached the logs.

Regards,
Rick

Attachments (1)
Comment
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Friday, 26 February 2021 15:56 PM UTC
Hi Rick, You need to get your admin to give you the full rights. PowerBuilder installation and the various third party components like the Microsoft driver requires access to registry. There is nothing more we can do to help you when you don't have the appropriate rights.
  1. Helpful 1
  1. Rick Hiebert
  2. Friday, 26 February 2021 16:02 PM UTC
Thanks Armeen, I will proceed with that.

Rick
  1. Helpful
Rick Hiebert Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 25 February 2021 19:34 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

Hi John,

Windows 10 version 1909.

I installed the 64-bit version, as that is the suggestion as it is supposed to install both 32 and 64.

So the link in the PB Help File takes me here: Download Microsoft OLE DB Driver for SQL Server - SQL Server | Microsoft Docs

The x64 version is what I originally installed.

So I tried the x86 version just now and got the following error:

Thanks,

Rick

Comment
  1. John Fauss
  2. Thursday, 25 February 2021 20:46 PM UTC
I'm sorry that didn't help, Rick. If you look in the PB Runtime folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\Common\PowerBuilder\Runtime 19.2.0.2670 on my PC), do you see the file pbmsoledbsql.dll? If you right-click/Properties on this dll, does it have the correct version (19.2.0.2670) and is the file size 288,464 bytes?
  1. Helpful
John Fauss Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 25 February 2021 19:09 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 4

Greetings, Rick -

What version of Windows are you running? The reason I ask is that I installed (so I thought) the same driver you did on a Windows 7 PC and later discovered that Microsoft states this driver does not work on Win7.

Also, did you download/install the 32-bit version or the 64-bit version? The PowerBuilder IDE is a 32-bit application, so it requires the 32-bit MSOLEDBSQL driver.

Regards, John

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.