Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Defect PSR file causes Powerbuilder to crash Hi Everyone, we have a defect PSR file that causes Powerbuilder to crash everytime i try to edit it How ro reproduce this: 1. Open the File "d_view_vlge_000000000001005451.psr" with Powerbuilder2. go t...
Hello, we are in the development/testing phase of a PB2019R3 app that we want to deploy with Powerclient.  We've run into our first case of a test user not being able to launch our app because of the antivirus software BitDefender on their laptop.  I...
Hi I have an PB 2019 thick client application (called menu) that shows a login screen - once the user logs in they are then presented with a screen on which there are three buttons that once clicked open three separate application exes.  The menu app...
PowerBuilder 2019 R3 Build 2703 I have an Azure Devops TFS source control containing the latest PowerBuilder 2017 source code. I have PowerBuilder 2019 R2 Build 2703 migrated PBLs, containing a slighlty older version of the PB 2017 source code. I ...
PB2019R3, build 2703Windows 10 64bit platformThere's not much information in the HELP file about creating a 64 bit EXE, or if there is I missed it. Ditto for the Forums.1. Is there a tutorial somewhere on how to create a 64 bit EXE using PB2019R3?2. ...
I have PB 2017 R3. Build 1858 (I think).   I modified some code in an object and set the breakpoint.   When I go into the debugger, the code that I modified is not there. It looks like it's an older version of the code. I tried removing the .bak...
Currently Im coding in a datawindow that is placed on a userobject. Im trying to get the name of my userobject using parent or getparent(). Since the userobject is used as a tabpage, "parent" returns the tabpage instead of the userobject. Is there a...
I am trying to get a PB19 version of an application running using JDBC to connect to the a SqlAnywhere 12 db.  The application is run from a share drive location.  I am getting this error :  Could not initialize JavaVM I have a PB12 version of this ...
Hi Team, I used to access https://<PS serverIP>/api/Custom/GetAllSessions to get all sessions with Powerserver2021 Beta deployment, while for now, with PS2021 GA release, I got error to fetch session info: This <localhost> page can’t be...
Historically I've used Amyuni as an engine to create PDF files programmatically. The problem with Amyuni is it is set up as a printer under Windows although it is not a print driver. Also, the user has power to disable/install/uninstall Amyuni. Also...
  I have recently upgraded from Powerbuilder 12.5 to PowerBuilder 2017. I know that the current line number (and column) is given at the bottom of the screen but can the line numbers be given next to each line? Various Powerbuilder settings, lo...
Hello All, I have been testing git functionality from the PB IDE. I have a very simple application with one window and a few datawindows. My repos are hosted on a GitLab server. I was able to upload my application library successfully the first tim...
Hi,   How should I open a Chrome window from PB2019 with parameters... I use: Run ("chrome.exe "  + ls_url1 + String(ll_cust_No) + ls_url2) But get -1    Please Help   Regards, Marina...
I need to post some text data from my PB2019 app to my PHP script running on a Windows IIS server. I think I need to use HTTPclient's PostData function to do this (yes/no?)  There are plenty of examples how to use the PostData function but nothing se...
hi, I am using PB2019 R3 with ASE(ODBC) 32BIT ,  I am able to define new ODBC profiles and all DB connection are working fine, but when I go to SnapDevelop IDE and try to create new DB connection I don't see data source in the list. Does SnapDevelop...
Hi friends, I have several datawindows that use a computed field to display wingding characters based on the value of a field. (Blue check mark for 'T', red x for 'F', or small bullet for null).  Is there a way to turn this into a customized edit st...
Looking for advise on coding or alternative approach.  Using Microsoft Word 2013 for spell checking. Getting occasional error returned. Some users get the error every time, some none of the time, and some occasionally.  Here's the gist of t...
Hai Appeon team. Greetings, My PowerBuilder Insert - Object menu getting invisible. what is the reason ? (Attached picture)...
Hello, PB 2019 R3 We copy all PBDs, Exe file in a folder in the server machine and create a short-cut of that exe in every client machine.  In this scenario, where to install (which folder is better) the runtime files ? Run time files defaults to ...
Hello, PB 2017 R3 In one of our customers' place, preprinted output for sales invoice was going on smoothly so far.  Printer used was Canon LBP 2900.    Since the printer was ageing, customer decided to replace it with EPSON M100 printer.  They ju...

There are no discussions available here currently