Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi     I have an application written in Powerbuilder.Net converted to Powerbuilder 2019 R3. The app functions as expected until a function is called that sends an xml request to UPS and receiving a response back. This is the code of the function th...
I'm trying to use the Microsoft WebBrowser control in a PB 12.6 64bit application. When I run it, it gives an error that it is unable to convert an any variable to extobject.  Has anyone gotten this to work?  ...
I have created a data window which has a dropdown lit box for Gender.  When a new record is added, the field shows display value to select from. However, when a window is retrieved, column shows data value instead of display value. I did write belo...
Hi, I'm trying to trigger a powerbuilder user event from the new webbrowser control. The help on registerEvent() has this nice example, but it doesn't tell you how to trigger the event from html/javascript. Has anyone done this? TIA. //define a u...
Hello: We moved to Git SCC about 2.5 months ago.  One of our developers is experiencing an issue where it isn't saving the change.  It is a simple change to an attribute - changing the background color of an object.  In trying to resolve the situati...
Hello, Using PB 2019 R3 I should get JWT authentication with the following parameters: "Authorization":"Basic " + base64Urlencode(clientID:clientSecret) "grant_type":"client_credentials" "client_id":clientID "scope":"CamDistributorTenant" I hav...
0 Votes We are currently upgrading from PB17 to PB19R3 ... I am having an issue on some of my application delivery (Citrix) servers (Windows 2016). "There is currently no matching version, Lowest Supported Version: 19.2.0.2670 I have five s...
I have an Azure Dev Ops Repository that i have been using to maintain my source code for my Powerbuilder 2019 R2 application.  We are getting ready to migrate to R3 and I am hoping that I can continue to use the the same repository. I am wondering ...
Hi, Some time ago I needed to implement a auto Log-off (after a certain period of time) functionality on our application. The idea was to close all opened windows, remain on the MDI and display the Log-in window again. With the valuable help of Crhi...
We are moving from Powerbuilder 2017 R3 to Powerbuilder 2019 R2. Of 18 client computers where the updated application has been migrated, 17 have reported no issues, 1 can launch the application but gets error when interacting with the database (SQL S...
Using ole and opening a document in word, is it possible for Word to call a function/event back to Powerbuilder. I would like be able to check to see if a field/bookmark was filled in. (I am sure it can be done in a macro or vb script) but was wonde...
Hello, I'm trying to have a look at the native Subversion interface in PB2017 R3, and this is what I've done: 1. I added my workspace to an SVN repository using the "Add to Source Control" pop-up menu in PB. 2. I closed the workspace in PB. 3. I ...
Hi I hope you can help. I am trying to connect to an API and have been given the following information. I do not have much experience in this area and any help would be appreciated. Authentication Purpose - Authorization fro subsequent callsmetho...
PB2019R2Windows 10, 64 bit platformSummaryCan someone recommend an open source or low cost database that has high volume transaction capability and reasonable security options AND is case-insensitive?DetailsWe are currently using Oracle as our databa...
Hello. I have been using HttpClient. but now im having problems with this object in GetResponseBody. Webservice response is a PDF in base64 string, it works fine with 9MB or lower. But for bigger ones, GetResponseBody don´t catch the response strin...
Running PB 2019 R3 2670. Our application uses some of the 'custom###!' images for our traditional menu. I was attempting to use them in the ribbon bar but they are showing up blank.  I thought these were imbedded in some PB runtime dll. Does anyone ...
Hi; I inherited a couple Powerbuilder apps that share a common PDB/PBL. App A is on PB 12.1, App B is on PB 12.5. The shared PBL has a popup window object that is used by both apps. App A experienced an issue where it was just shutting down. I only...
Hello, I am not a C#, .Net, or web developer; I've been doing PB only since 1995. Now, I watched the first three KeyNote replays from Elevate 2019 and understood close to nothing in them. So, I can't help asking myself: who is the target audience of...
Hello, I was wondering if anybody knows whether the Pipeline object will be capable of reading data from json files in near future. Best regards,Konstantin...
Hello, Does anybody know why autosize width for columns in a grid datawindow would work in the painter preview mode but wouldn't in a window at runtime? PB2017 build 1681. Best regards, Konstantin ...

There are no discussions available here currently