1. Miller Rhodes
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Wednesday, 14 April 2021 15:26 PM UTC

I have an Azure Dev Ops Repository that i have been using to maintain my source code for my Powerbuilder 2019 R2

application.  We are getting ready to migrate to R3 and I am hoping that I can continue to use the the same repository.

I am wondering if anyone has attempted this maneuver yet ?

I have a throw away repo that I have been practicing with and I keep having these strange access issues and other weird things happen when I :

1. Do a Connect To Workspace from R3, pull everything down, and then do a refresh. 

2. It seems to be having issues with the access in  AppData\Local\Temp that gets used during a refresh.

3. My application object is not pulling in some global variables that have been a part of it for quite some time.

Any help would be appreciated.

Miller

Accepted Answer
Tom Jiang @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 15 April 2021 01:30 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # Permalink

Hi Miller,

Please try deleting everything inside the temp folder and see if it resolves the issue. On a previous version, PB saves a read-only copy of some objects during some source control operation (like revert) in the temp folder which causes the issue with the later version. If you are on the latest version of PB 2017 R3 and PB 2019 R3, it won't have this issue (after the existing read-only objects removed from the temp folder).

Regards,

Tom Jiang

Comment
  1. Tom Jiang @Appeon
  2. Thursday, 15 April 2021 02:33 AM UTC
Yes, there is a check box on the bottom of the connect to workspace window that allows you to refresh the workspace automatically by default.
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Miller Rhodes Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 15 April 2021 21:08 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Tom,

That definitely helped. One thing that is still happening is that I am getting this error :

"One or more files in your library list could not be opened for write.."

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.