Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hello, one of our customers wants to have colored Tabpage Headers.I tried TabPage.TabBackColor but this just works with the Project.'Windows Classic Style' Option enabled.Any other way to  get colored TabPage Headers in our Powerbuilder Classic App?...
Hi guys how to deploy on a powerserver web an httpclient from help it's unsupported on powerserver mobile but it's not into unsupported objects on powerserver web But If I try developing an application containing this object it does not work It is...
Good afternoon to everybody,    We have just migrated our application from PB6 to Appeon PB2017 R3. It works fine, but we want to implement some new features.  One of them is receive data from a webservice, but I just don't know how to do it.  I'...
I'm creating a new function in an nvo and get "Incompatible property title for type ..."  Never seen this before.  Any help is appreciated. Found it...
Hi All , Could you please someone can advice does the Power builder version 9 supports Windows 10 Operating system?. Thanks in Advance ....
Hi everyone! Using native SVN, I didn't find any functionnality within PB IDE to remove a file (like DW)... So I have to remove it from ws_objects using TortoiseSVN or any other SVN client, right? Do I have to take care of anything else? Thanks i...
Hello, Is the RTF control now fully 64 bit compatible?  Not having this control caused us to build a 32 bit bridge for our 64 bit applications   In the 12.6 2017 time frame the 64 bit control was a MS RTE place holder Is there a new RTF control c...
OK, here's a tough one! We have a need to detect, in an event in the main window, whether any response window is open. Currently the only reliable way we have found to do that is we wrote a function that lists every known response window and returns ...
Does the ORACLE "SYSTEM" user need to be the owner of the PowerBuilder catalog tables as opposed to a different user. Restated: do we need to log into a new Oracle database as SYSTEM user to create these tables – where are the SQLs? Lastly what are ...
Hi all,    CacheName is no longer used in PB2017, before we use this connect to DB to ensure the security. But now we migrate to .net assembly, how we could set the DB connection? Is there some equal method in the new PB?...
Does PB2017 R3 support Time zone offset and display the time in client time zone?...
We are testing a prototype of a PB app on the web.  So far just using the company network.  I have tried to configure Powerserver to store files (like INI) on the client machine (auto download) using the default user profile location.  However the fo...
A given WebSphere server typically has many "profiles" with each typically configured on different ports. PowerServer Web licensing states that it's "per server" so can I assume I can install PowerServer war on each profile and have it count as a sin...
Hi, I've installed PB 2017 RC3 and migrated a workspace. When I right click the workspace and clicks "Add to Source Control..." I chooses Subversion(SVN) in the dialog. In the SVN Login dialog everything works OK and I connect successfully to our re...
I wrote a function to call a SOAP web service using the httpclient object using TLS 1.2. This works just fine on my computer, but when I deploy the application to another computer (which does not have PowerBuilder 2017 installed), an exception is thr...
Could you please explain why PowerServer only supports deployment to only certain J2EE application servers (WebLogic, WebSphere, JEUS and WildFly)? If it's a J2EE compliant application it should be able to deploy to any J2EE container - that's the id...
Hi, I need some help with Appeon PB R3 deploying as simple standalone application. I have two DataStore objects of type (Tabular, external source) I have a program that uses ImportFile() function to import 3,900 rows from a CSV file (UTF-8) into th...
Is it possible to build common libraries once using Appeon Auto Compiler?...
Hi guru. I published a ws in IIS via the 'Generate setup file' option. When I try to go running it brings me back the error below. From what I understand it can not find 'Sybase.PowerBuilder.Core.dll'. The question is: Who uploads the file to the...
Hello, I have a problem with a mobile app. I wanted get the rowheight but it  returns 0. Why? Rowheight is supported in powerserver mobile. If I run in pbl it is working but if I run it in Appeon Workspace in my mobile it return 0.  This is the code...

There are no discussions available here currently