Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Is there any documentation on how to install File Server on a window Server 2016? I ran the setup.exe as an admin and got the Installation Incomplete message I then followed https://bit.ly/2YzuoH3 but to no avail. It's not for 2016 servers.   P...
Hi I deployed a web app to a remote server with PowerServer on it. When I run the app locally, it passes the logon function successfully. When I run the app on the remote server (RDP to the server and not from local PC. Open a browser on the remot...
Looking for some ideas for an issue regarding saving and events that are posted in the itemchanged event. Simple Scenario... Datawindow has a date field, the date entered must only be a business date. User enters a date, post event fires (this is b...
Hello,   I'm using PowerBuilder 2017 R3. We have an issue that our windows flicker alot when opening them due to different operations that are being performed (changing texts based on database entries, showing/hiding certain objects based on user ...
Dear PB developers,After a long PB programming career, I encountered an error with only one user (but not in the development environment), the error is shown on end of question .PB version 8.0.4,Windows 10 Enterprise,SQL Server 2008 R2,IBM ThinkPad...
Hi, I am trying to implement the encryption-decryption with TDES algorithm. Below is the piece of code I have written: //Instance Variables CONSTANT STRING ICS_KEY = "pP?g$L#C%a)*N^A*dX&Ao1j4"CONSTANT STRING ICS_IV = "?Im#9-0$" //Encryption f...
Hi I am a bit confused by how a PowerServer web application is run. Currently I have a web application on a remote server.  When I am to run it, I open up a browser and put in the http://IP:port/appname/iwarunner.html I am then prompted to downlo...
Hello, System : Windows 10 professionnal Powerbuilder 2019 build 2170.   I have some issue to compile some applications. dev_app.exe and dse_app.exe. This two application where compiled successfully in PB2017 R2 1769(if i remeber correctly), P...
Hi Everyone I need to put a file onto a file server from another server where my web application runs. The file server has many mapped/lettered drives (d:\, e:\, f:\, ect.) If I use a full path name \\fileservername\D$\folder1\folder2\ my web appl...
Ayer escribí mi pregunta, pero, al parecer, hay problemas en la publicación.   La versión 2017 R3 trae un componente CrypterObject que tiene, entre otros métodos, MD5 y SHA. El problema es que el resultado que devuelve estos métodos no es el espera...
Hi I have a couple of questions - Is PowerServer aka CloudPro?   - We are on PowerServer 2019 trial and are about to move onto a paid license. I was encouraged to go with PowerServer 2020 instead of 2019. What are the pros/cons about going with t...
Good Hump Day morning! I got this attached error message when running my web app on a remote server as IWA. Double checked the <RemoteServerIP>:portnumber/AEM settings but all Data Source entries were all there. Where else would trigger this...
PB v12.1, b6158Windows 10, 64 bit platform - this is a VM with 12 GB RAM This is a non-PFC utility.This code has been working forever. Until today.STRING                             &    ls_printer_detail_array,    &    ls_printer_detail_pri...
Hi, I noticed there is an option within the theme.json file to set the "default-state" behaviour for a button within a datawindow:     "datawindow":    {        "drawing":true,        "background-color-enabled":true,        "background-color":"#262...
OS: Win10 latest build Version: PowerBuilder 2019 R2 Build 2328 Problem: PB main window in Monitor 1, some popup windows awkwardly pops in Monitor 2 How do I avoid this?  Thanks    Those popup windows include: Search library entries Tools - ...
We are trying to understand why our application built with PB2019R2 is significantly slower than the same application built with PB2017, even though in general the application is slow. Analysing the interaction with database using MSSQL Profiled we n...
Hi I am here to get some verification on the return code for the function call in the subject line. From this article, https://bit.ly/31divYS, the Successful return code is 1. BUT, in this article, https://bit.ly/2BsbvwL, the Successful return cod...
I am consuming a REST API from PowerBuilder 2019 R2. For this I use the HttpClient class. When running the API from Posman, Insomnia and SoapUI the response is immediate (thousandths of a second)   However, when I run it from PowerBuilder, at be...
MySQL Server 5.6.26MySQL ODBC 5.3.10 ANSIInternet Explorer: 11.471.17134.0PowerBuilder Universal: 2019R2 Build 2328.00PowerServer (PB Edition): 2020 Build 2323.00 From AEM The following syntax: ls_Syntax = SQLCA.SyntaxFromSql("SELECT CONVERT(' ', C...
I have an Oledatabase Blob object on a datawindow that works fine.  I can store and retrieve to the database.  I would like to add a function to select an existing document and store it as a blob in the table.  I'm using the GetOpenFileName function ...

There are no discussions available here currently