Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi there! In "Appeon for PowerBuilder 2015" we had a Project Loader where you could choose the target platform and the orientation. With my installation of PB2017 I miss this features What did I miss during installation? Best regards ...
What would happen to PowerBuilder IDE and PowerServer installations if for some reason the Appeon web server crashed and license checking were not available for a couple hours? Will we be blocked from getting into PowerBuilder or does it only chec...
Hi Community, Have activated the PowerServer and noticed below on the license management: - License Type: Online (Served) License - Product Edition: Developer Do i need to purchase additional license for "production" edition ? How many...
I'm in need of the Powerbuilder 6.0 installer.  Anyone have an idea where I can find this?  Trying to convert from PB6 to PB17, but existign PBL has errors that need to be fixed first. ...
In Fili Sosa's Appeon mobile webinar back in March, he mentioned a technique that used the Appeon workaround pbl to be able to dynamically switch between any of over 500 different databases without having to pre-define them in AEM. I was wonde...
When a datawindow is in preview mode, is there any way to scroll to a specific page or at least find the first row for a specific page? For example, I have a 200 pages report displayed and the user need to scroll to a specific page without using the ...
Tengo una aplicación en modo Offline (Powerbuilder 12.5 ).  Como puedo eliminar los mobiles que aparecen en DEVICE LISTS del AEM porque como trabajo en modo Offline deseo que otros equipos se conecten y desconecten.   Atte.   Richar Cente...
Hello everyone! I am glad that I found this group. :) I have about 12 years of PB development in the past but have been sidetracked to work other on development environments.  PB 6.5 was the last version that I worked on and I would like to get...
I upgraded my Powerbuilder to 2017 and have a problem where when I try to query an oracle database, powerbuilder crashes. I checked the database connections and everything seems correct. I can connect to the database and test the connection. I ...
I've seen some discussion relative to the demise of MDI applications, everything moving to SDI.  Should new applications be SDI only? ...
Hi, I did my first test of using the new native PDF SaveAs type, first with the scripted method from the help file:  dw_1.Modify ("DataWindow.Export.PDF.Method = NativePDF!") dw_1.Modify ("DataWindow.Export.PDF.NativePDF.CustomOrientation = 2"...
PB v2017 1)  I copied the file PBPFC100.chm into the [  C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\PowerBuilder 17.0\Help_PB105  ] folder. 2)  I go to "C:\Windows" and double click on the winhlp32.exe application, navigate to my PFC help file (shown in item #...
Hi I'm looking to use the PB exe compiler in order to perform unattended builds. I need to perform a get latest from source control prior to the build and also increment version numbers. Has anyone any thoughts on how best to achieve this? ...
In 12.6 and earlier, we discovered the hard way that we needed to distribute a pb.ini with the undocumented usehwnd flag set to no to force datastores to actually be nonvisual objects (we had to do this due to datastores using visual handles). Does a...
We used to have to deploy those two files with our apps, but there are no such file distributed with PB2017. Is that OK, i.e. are they no longer needed? I do note that I can't find a reference to either one in the PB12.5 Help, but they are def...
I had been using IWA to run my powerserver web using appeon 2016. I updated powerserver web to the newest EBF (Appeon for PowerBuilder 2016 Build 1119.00) , and re-deployed using 1119 .  My application didn't change at all, just upgrading the ...
Tengo el siguiente error al crear un proyecto movile, enla opcion del Power Server Toolkit Configuracion de Wizard, en la opcion Configure Deployment Sittings, me genera el siguiente error   Testing PowerServer Local Power Server Faild! Please ...
What is recommended way to build PB application from command line from *.sr files ? While waiting for PowerGen, I tried PBORCA with pbc170.exe.  So far no luck. Import skips some of the objects. Interesting is that when I run import for a secon...
Is there a document that show how configure IIS and Powerserver ?   ty   GIMMY ...
Project type: Mobile - works. Project type: Web or Universal - NOT Error "You are deploying to the PowerServer Mobile (PB Edition), please select the Mobile project type and then deploy again." Is it possible to deploy Web project? ...

There are no discussions available here currently