Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hello all, I built a Profiling Reporting tool that sits on top of the TraceTree System class.  (and TraceFile).  The application generates a report of a trace PBP file on demand.  My tool opens the trace and parses its data structures into datawin...
I came across a minor bug I thought I'd draw people's attention to.  I was generating a PDF (using the NativePDF) from a web app, and it worked fine running on my local machine, but not on a client machine.  I tried a lot of things to fix it, and it...
Hi Appeon Team, PB2017R2 64 bit application Calling Third party c++ dll as external function c++ dll calling convention is cdecl Can able to call three functions without any issue of the same dll. Calling fourth function int getid (const char* ...
How to avoid the prompt for retrieval arguments with datawindow insertrow()?  This is s data source argument, not dddw argument. I misstated my question. I was being prompted for both data source argument and dddw argument.  For the data source, I c...
Hi Appeon Team I am doing prototype for a client server application, calling a C++ dll  as local external functions. Environment PB2017 R2 Win7 When I call one of the function without any parameters as given below, which returns a string works fin...
Hi, Could you tell me please where can I find a changelog for the Appeon Workspace? I'm interested to see what's the difference between build 1760.00 and 1858.00. We have an issue with resizing on iOS and I would like to know why the total width a...
Hi all, I'm using a DWO (Freeform) with a button on it. If the button has a TabOrder (tabsequence), the buttonclicked Event of the DataWindowControl doesnt trigger, but if I remove the TabOrder, then the buttonclicked event is triggered. Is there a ...
2 weeks from today! We're all at the Elevate 2018 PowerBuilder conference on election day. Prepare your absentee ballots! VOTE. https://www.usvotefoundation.org/vote/voter-registration-absentee-voting.htm?fbclid=IwAR0lj4kbm3SQKRezKyjZpWQVJ272z3sD...
My application runs on SQL Anywhere or SQL Server. I connect to SQL Anywhere via ODBC and SQL Server by ODBC or OLE DB (user's choice). I am running into a problem where text columns are cut off at 32768. For SQL Server via ODBC I am able to overrid...
Hi  I need to access some text files from my application ( Pb2018r3 )  How do i display the information on the file for example the file date time and size ? thanks in advance   Andrew    ...
Hi all,   Once i use errorlogging object in the server side then deploy the code to iis server, which path could i find the location? Did that location set on IIS server?...
Hi,   We have a powerbuilder application calling a webservice. This is deployed to a citrix-environment. In the citrix-environment we get the error "Error calling method of a PBNI object" when trying to get the information from a SOAP exception. I...
Hello, I migrated a project from PB 11.2 to 2017R3. Then I created .net assembly project, included several libraries containing NVOs and many datawindows and deploy it as a .net assembly. When I add this new dll as a reference to another C# project...
PowerBuilder v12.5.1, b7055I have inherited a utility that I want to create as a stand-alone EXE. I selected the FULL REBUILD and MACHINE CODE options, but after deployment the utility was asking for specific DLLs.Is what I want to do even possible, ...
Good Day! I have customers asking about potential web deployment of my application. I have gone through the documentation, but I cannot find a straightforward explanation of exactly what my customers would need to have installed for them to run Powe...
Hi guys, Did anyone experience problems when making Update at target Level for pbl having Sub/Sub directories? On the example below you see the error message. We made a new Project from scratch, and the error is reproductible. Concerns only the fil...
Good morning, I have an issue. It could be because my no much experience with PowerServer. He it goes: Why is it if I have PowerServer Data Source Dynamic Database Connection turn off the apps connect to the database performance is supppppeeerrr fa...
I just got a M2sys fingerprint for my application. The installation and the sdk went fine. I created an ole with activex provided. There is no powerbuilder code sample. I created an external function to integrate the activex to the application. But a...
My company has their own self signed certificate.  When I enter the git repo information and try to push.  I get: code: Server certificate is invalid. I have tried entering data for sslCAPath and sslCAInfo in the config file. Has anyone had succe...
Hello, one of our customers wants to have colored Tabpage Headers.I tried TabPage.TabBackColor but this just works with the Project.'Windows Classic Style' Option enabled.Any other way to  get colored TabPage Headers in our Powerbuilder Classic App?...

There are no discussions available here currently