Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi all, I have to create a communication with a external hardware. The only information I got from our client is an hex example 00 01 30 00 E4 45 00 01 30 01 01 A3 E5 polynomal generator: A001 offset: FFFF The bold letters are the c...
Hello, Would like to know whether the planned Desktop Cloud Apps will require PowerServer to run ?   ...
I am trying to deploy this MSI (packaged by wizard) on remote server and do not know what "Server name"  its looking for. I have tried them I have given in Profile setting in Powerbuilder : engbld.dot.nc.net/AEM , still fails. How do I find the Po...
Hi. I use in my .NET application Sybase.DataWindow.DataWindowControl for preview a print reports. Input is a psr file. Problem is setting scaling level in windows. For 125% scale is rendered incorrectly as shown in the following figures. This i...
Hi I hope someone can help, I have been reading the example on new REST features with PB2017 R2 - the article states it is using a a service that doesnt use authentication. How would i use a service that requires authentication The one i am ...
Hi, Currently, we're using PVCS as a source control management and maintaining branches, different promotion groups (TEST, QA, PRD). Would you please advise on the same. a. We had individual ORCA scripts to prepare build TEST, QA and PRD re...
hi there, i need to create a rest call like the example below: POST /auth/realms/edoc/protocol/openid-connect/token Authorization: Basic abcdefghilmnopqrstuvz Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded grant_type=password&username=mario&pa...
Where do I setup the icon for the application in Appeon Web? I know where you set it up in Appeon Mobile, but I can't fnd it for Web. ...
I'm getting an error that it can't load a file or assembly Sybase.PowerBuilder.DataWindow.Interop.dll or one of its dependencies. I have deployed PB Runtimes and PB.Net Runtimes. Any ideas on what I am missing? Regards, Adrian ...
Good morning We are experimenting on porting some of our applications from Oracle to PostgreSQL. A strange situation happens to me: If I do a select on a table or view that does not exist, the connection drops. It also turns to you? Also I ...
Hi folks, any idea on how to get column indices in a crosstab DW? Say you have a crosstab showing products on the rows and delivery dates on the columns, with whatever values on the cells. How would you set the cell backcolor to e.g. RED if ...
Greetings, I am having difficulty getting my RESTful webservice to authenticate.  I know that the webservice is up because when I use the following code, I get a Return code 401 - Unauthorized. rest.Retrieve(dw_rest_poc, ls_url) ll_code = rest...
Does this area have search capabilities? ...
Hi All,  We are trying to migrate a Power builder Application  from Power Builder 12.1 version to Power Builder 2017 R2. Application is having PFC in it.  We have migrated the existing code to 2017 R2 and rebuild the code successfully with N...
Hi all, We have an application built in powerbuilder. It is mostly based on data entry and retrieval. Of late, we have been facing issues with performance. Opening of the windows is taking a longer duration and all activities are taking a longer t...
Hi, We have deployed an Appeon Mobile app that is currently in use in the UK, Ireland and Australia.  We have some users starting to use it in Japan and they would like the date selection on an editmask to display in the Japanese Format (yyyy-mm-d...
Hello, I have a strange situation: a simple "count(num_code_1)" expression on a numeric datawindow column works in a computed field but returns an empty string when used in the describe evaluate function. With string columns everything works as ex...
Hi, We have a legacy application. We have a performance issue and we find to have trouble with few forms only. We suspect that it might be due to the large amount of dropdowns which are present as datawindows instead of dropdown list box. Does it ...
Hi, I want to use the serverdate and time in my program, Please suggest how to write the code, I created the below fucntion for serverdate datetime    ldt_server_datetime ****************************************************************...
Hi I have a requirement where I will need upto 150 N-Up dataObjects eg 1 - 150 columns to be available at runtime so that I can switch to the appropriate DataObject based on a selection by the end user. I know I could do this by Hand which I...

There are no discussions available here currently