Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hello, We have recently upgraded our system to PB2017 from PB12.5 and noticed an issues when working with VSS source control. There is an issue in exporting and importing of DW with UTF data hard coded in it. When working with VSS, "SUB" character ...
I am using a DLL to create a QR, I compiled this and i have no errors, this is running in an independent application, but when i insert this into my main application,  I have this error: Unresolvable external fastqrcode when linking reference at lin...
Hi - Is it possible to get the Last Modified Date property from objects in powerscript from compiled code (PBDs).  Currently we are able to use LibraryDirectoryEx (below) to get it from PBL's but we would like to create something similiar for compil...
Hi. I try to implement a user settings file, user.ini, to store different settings for my application. The user.ini file content is liek this: [DATABASE]DBMS=ODBCServerName=demo_db In the application I try to read the settings like this: string ...
Hello, all I am having a problem refreshing a target using Orca script with PB2017 and VSS. All the objects in the library are refreshed, but the library itself is not - no new objects are downloaded, so the build fails. On the same machine from th...
We are currently using Git integration in PB 2017 R2 and moving to R3. Like others, we've set it up with .gitignore leaving out PBL's.  However, in PB 2019 R3 we have an anomaly where new objects that are "added" to a pibble show up in the ws_object...
PB 2017 R3 I'm consuming a third party REST service using httpclient and when parsing the returned JSON-string I do it with JsonParser. The number values in the returned JSON string are always supplied with a dot (".") for decimal point. It seems l...
I have tried a sample test for calling stored procedure in PB 2017. Tested SP as below create procedure sp_vm_test @in_parm varchar(10), @out_parm varchar(20) outputas begin set @out_parm = @in_parm + ' return from SP'end Coding in PB as below st...
 The company which I work for dosen't want to be capture for the reason of security.   Do you have the function which can  operate screen capture when I use Appeon Workspace?   If you provide API for  the fuction for screen capture, could you s...
Hi all, i just started implementing the topwiz smtp object solution into my code.   I am connecting to o365 without any problem, sending works also. only my mail is being send like this , the whole content of the mail is viewable in the body of t...
Hi! We can't download the Appeon WorkSpace in Samsung A6 + (Android 9).  Doesn't appear en the Play Store and if we search it in google says: "your device isn't compatible"     Thanks, ...
Hi all, we made an interface to send customer information via webservice to an accounting company and get back a string base64 encoded. lnv_HttpClient.GetResponseBody( ls_pdf ) It should be pdf informations, but how do I save these information as ...
Hello, all Is it possible to do "get latest version" for pb170.exe from a command line? I need to automate builds somehow and without being able to do "get latest" from the source control, it does not seem to be possible   Thank you Arcady...
We have PB 2017 R3 Paid version and now we are planning to migrate to Pb 2019 version. Before migrating we want to test whether PB 2019 is having any issues with our application,for that reason i have downloaded PB 2019 trial version and tried to log...
Did somebody know why the Monthcalendar-Control has an different look in the compiled exe as in the development-environment? This is the look when started from PB2019 IDE This is the look in the compiled exe We are using PB2019 Build 2082  Greeti...
Hello, How could it be that a DW object retrieves the data in 10 seconds in the DW painter, and 10 minutes in a DW control ? The DW retrieves 241 rows and 1420 nested rows. The DW control is pure PB, it contains no user event nor code. The window ...
Hello, When I generate C# models from PB, I see there is .cs and .srd files in the C# project, I see that the .srd file contains data window information, but I couldn't figure out how to use it. What is the purpose of this file and how can I use it...
PowerServer (PB Editon) will be expire in January 2020? This issu listen in Korea. You can see it on the homepage. Register an Enterprise Account to Use Standalone. this part will expire from January 2020? Are you sure?   ps) I am sorry, I can ...
I'm operating  Appeon Server 2016 build(1130) on the customer site.     Eventhough the Appeon Server 2016 build(1130) has distribed  on Appeon Powerbuilder 2017 R3 build 1880, I couldn't  operate with the message " Failed to run the application b...
Hello, all After the topic on azure dev ops (https://community.appeon.com/index.php/qna/q-a/check-out-locks-on-azure-dev-ops) our company is re evaluating using it for PB source control. Please, present your experiences with different source contro...

There are no discussions available here currently