Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Question: Does native PDF creator works under SYSTEM user in PB2017? We had issues with this in pb12.5 , needed to create a scheduled report and send it by email, but saveAs PDF did not work.   Thank you Arcady ...
What is the best way to track the problem when 64-bit compiled PB application stopped working or working incorrectly? Is there recommended way of logging ? Thanks, Yuri ...
Hi all, We have succesfully run our executables with the new PB2017 on different os. Today we tried the first time on a XP machine, but it gpf's... I know , i know XP :(  But does anyone have PB2017 exes running on XP ? Or is this just a...
Hi, I'm comparing 10.5 and 2017, trying to get the backing to move to 2017. I've come across an interesting issue that has me stumped. Basically we have the following code DECLARE OKButtonOnlyForm PROCEDURE FOR SYSADM.p_OKButtonOnlyF...
When saving a dw as pdf (pdflib method) that has a picture and data then picture is not saved in the pdf. I use it to make invoices to send via email to costumers and that's a big bug. have i missed something? (the variable in pb.ini has bi...
Hello everyone,   What is the current relationship between APPEON and NOVALYS? Novalys is still an APPEON partner? Can we continue to buy appeon products through Novalys?   Thanks in advance   ============== Rodolfo Reyes ===...
We think about to add some internet / mobile functionalities to some of our  applications. Is there somewhere some kind of price list for Powerserver and an overview of the different versions. Only to get a clue about the cost for endusers. Kin...
Hi, I tried to login to bugzilla by using my e-mail and the pwd from the appeon account. The result was that I get the message that either the password or the username is invalid. I tried to create a new account with this e-mail. That didn’t...
I have migrated my app from 12.5 to 2017. What are the DLLs and other files I need to distribute to my clients along with the exe and the PBDs. For example I know I need PBVM170.dll.  Is it all the files that have 170 in them? Thanks ...
Hello. I'm trialing Powerbuilder 2017, and trying to follow instructions found on the net for configuring git. I've tried installing the PushOK plugin, but it encountered errors and would not install. Tried the instructions here: https://community.ap...
Hi all I am trying to connect to a MsSql DataBase via AOD.Net  and getting the error : Can not find the Sybase.PowerBuilder.Db version 12.5.0.0 but i cant find any file by that name and version on the shared directory ( c:\Program Files(86) \ syba...
Hi there! In "Appeon for PowerBuilder 2015" we had a Project Loader where you could choose the target platform and the orientation. With my installation of PB2017 I miss this features What did I miss during installation? Best regards ...
What would happen to PowerBuilder IDE and PowerServer installations if for some reason the Appeon web server crashed and license checking were not available for a couple hours? Will we be blocked from getting into PowerBuilder or does it only chec...
Hi Community, Have activated the PowerServer and noticed below on the license management: - License Type: Online (Served) License - Product Edition: Developer Do i need to purchase additional license for "production" edition ? How many...
I'm in need of the Powerbuilder 6.0 installer.  Anyone have an idea where I can find this?  Trying to convert from PB6 to PB17, but existign PBL has errors that need to be fixed first. ...
In Fili Sosa's Appeon mobile webinar back in March, he mentioned a technique that used the Appeon workaround pbl to be able to dynamically switch between any of over 500 different databases without having to pre-define them in AEM. I was wonde...
When a datawindow is in preview mode, is there any way to scroll to a specific page or at least find the first row for a specific page? For example, I have a 200 pages report displayed and the user need to scroll to a specific page without using the ...
Tengo una aplicación en modo Offline (Powerbuilder 12.5 ).  Como puedo eliminar los mobiles que aparecen en DEVICE LISTS del AEM porque como trabajo en modo Offline deseo que otros equipos se conecten y desconecten.   Atte.   Richar Cente...
Hello everyone! I am glad that I found this group. :) I have about 12 years of PB development in the past but have been sidetracked to work other on development environments.  PB 6.5 was the last version that I worked on and I would like to get...
I upgraded my Powerbuilder to 2017 and have a problem where when I try to query an oracle database, powerbuilder crashes. I checked the database connections and everything seems correct. I can connect to the database and test the connection. I ...

There are no discussions available here currently