Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi all, I am new to power builder 2017 but have used much older version of power builder in the past.  I would like to use power builder 2017 to print barcode labels with info from our DB.  So basically i would  be looking for a data window that, ...
We have several REST Services we call and get result back as a JSON or an XML output.  I have a new request to get back the RAW Bytes Array that it returns. How can I achieve that?  For EG:  We can do a GET for any image on the web like this...
Good morning Is there a project to delete powerserver for mobile applications ? Thanks   Gimmy ...
I need push a stamp in my datawindow but I don't know how do, you please send  me a example  how i nedd show in my datawindow the stamp. This type of stamp is posible programing in PowerBuilder. Other name to stamp is electronic signature. ver...
Hello, Microsoft has article that describes on how to handle Navigating event to cancel navigation within WebBrowser ActiveX control: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/system.windows.forms.webbrowser.navigating?view=netframework-4.7.1...
The 2017 IDE is exhibiting a strange behavior.   When I place a button, say, on a window and then select it it works fine and places focus on the Command Button. But, when I click on another area of the Window it does not unselect the button.  In ...
Buen dia Comunidad: Tengo un reporte que se ejecuta para ESCRITORIO asi como para WEB.  El reporte tiene activado la opcion Opcion Suppress Group Header pero veo que solo funciona cuando se ejecuta en ESCRITORIO pero cuando lo ejecuto en web di...
Does anyone know of a clean and smooth way to have windows slide or fade in Windows in a PB Mobile app.  I don't believe the animation properties for windows work in the Mobile environment so I'm mainly looking for something that can smoothly...
I am using a OLE Object container that uses a TiffViewer Control and a Microsoft Web Browser control to display JPG/TIF/PDF/Web Pages in my PowerBuilder 12.5 classic application.  The new requirement is to use "authenticated user credentials" whil...
Good Day, Transparent Background Picture is Not Displaying properly while moving Powerbuilder to PowerServerWeb. Regards Antony ...
In the video "Building Apps using the new Appeon RTF Solution", there is an example, is this code in the example codes of the web ?. If it is not, is it possible to obtain this code? Thank you ...
Good Day, How to Get Actual Row number of a DataWindow in the initial retrieval, after applying the filter or sort is changed of a DataWindow using computed field? Regards Antony ...
Hi All I have published a custom Appeon Workspace (with Appeon Powerbuilder 2017 Universal Edition Build 1689) to my Google Play account and the package has been rejected with the message: Hello Google Play Developer, We rejected Greenmed Mo...
A couple of years ago I got dozens of emails asking if I was interested in a long term contract as a Powerbuilder programmer. I mean I got them from everywhere, Mostly from Indian recruiting firms. Now I'm getting them again, several a day. Wh...
Hi, In a previous question I found out about Robert Giesecke unmanaged exports which allows to call .net function from PB. I got it working with longs and strings but can't make it work with arrays and structures. For example in my VB.ne...
Hi, (questions and doubts in bold) I'm still trying if our applications could have a future on the web cloud  without: - completely having to re-writing everything in one go,  - or having to keep different versions of our databases (meani...
Hi everyone, I am using a PB Web Service Proxy (using .NET rather than EasySoap) to consume a C# provided SOAP Webservice, pulling service definitions via the WSDL. This service was originally called over HTTP and it all worked without issue. I...
I have an app that works with different databases (SQL Server, ASE, SQL Anywhere, Oracle) and one of the tables has an blob column. I have a need to duplicate a bunch of rows in the table. What would the best way of duplicating the blob data be? ...
Hi, I'd mentioned a suggestion at the PBUGG conference in Berlin on Monday and would like to put this to words once again, maybe getting others interested in an enhancement also. I think it would be nice, if a future version of PB could mak...
Hi. We have a migrated PB12.5.2 app, with a MDI-form and a main menu which contains 950 or so menuitems. I would like to create a function/event which gets the name (or another unique id) each time each menuitem is clicked. This would be use...

There are no discussions available here currently