1. David Beltz
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Wednesday, 22 November 2017 15:25 PM UTC

Hi all,

I am new to power builder 2017 but have used much older version of power builder in the past.  I would like to use power builder 2017 to print barcode labels with info from our DB.  So basically i would  be looking for a data window that, when called, would get all the info then print the barcode out and then print that to a label printer.  I was told that in order to get power builder to do  that it would take a 3rd party scripting product.  Does any one do something like that now and if so does any one recommend any 3rd party products for this application.

thanks in advance!

Accepted Answer
Roland Smith Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 22 November 2017 17:28 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # Permalink

It could be as simple as installing a barcode font. Please give us more detail.

I have a free example program that shows how to use the US Postal Service mailing barcode. The font files are included.

http://www.topwizprogramming.com/freecode_usps4cb.html

Comment
  1. David Beltz
  2. Wednesday, 22 November 2017 21:11 PM UTC
Thanks Everyone all i had to do was download the fonts as you suggested and now it is working the way I need it too.  Thanks for all of your quick responses! 

1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Andreas Mykonios Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 22 November 2017 15:57 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi.

There are some free barcode true type fonts on the internet. So the question is: what kind of barcode do you want to print?

Andreas.

Comment
Oscar Rios Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 22 November 2017 15:42 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

I develope solution with bars code only in Powerbuilder,  i instaling EAN code in my machine. If you develope in PowerBuilder not need a 3rd party.

greetins from Peru

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.