Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Just converted from PowerBuilder 6.5 and the OUTPUT parameter is not working with SQL. I get the following error and any help would be appreciated: SQLSTATE = 42000 Microsoft SQL Native Client Cannot use the OUTPUT option when passing a constant to a...
Hi, We used to build the executable using Windows Server 2008 in our older version of PB. Since we are upgrading PB version to PB 2017. Is it ok if we use "Windows Server 2012". Are there any issues if we create a Powerbuilder executable using...
Are we going to get access to to the code samples/examples from the conference? Mark Hulser ...
We are running PB9 on Win7 computers.  We have installed new printers (HPs, with PCL drivers), but PB won't print to the new printers unless a postscript driver is installed. Is that a requirement of PowerBuilder to only print to postscript pr...
When I go to see the conference documents, all I get is a rotating busy image that never goes away. https://www.appeon.com/user/center/index#mydocuments   ...
Please let us know when and where the Elevate 2017 presentations and code samples will be posted. ...
Hi, We use to show reports with microsoft SSRS. In order to view the reports in pb app we use webbrowser activeX. Recently migrated to ssrs v16 and since then  we are unable to print from within it. From pb dev mode its ok. If i open the li...
Hello Everyone, Does anyone have an archive of old PB9 updates? I have the PB9 installation CDs and the 9.0.1 updates, but I need the maintenance release and EBFs for 9.0.2. My client has an unsupported vendor app that was last compiled with ve...
In the absence of Email notification it would be nice to be able to see if there has been any response to posts. If a question has had a reply then you can see this on the main page (Answers 1). The problem is, there can be a whole thread of comments...
Update: 04-OCT-2017:    We finally just gave up and went back to a Windows 7 platform. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Windows 10 64-bit o/s  (yes, another VM) I'm trying to install PBv12.0 onto ANOTHER Windows ...
PB 2017 Maintenance Release 1 did not resolve any RTF issues, at least that I can see. With all of the code changes that we have done in July, August, and September, is it possible to migrate current code back to 12.6 ??? Mark ...
It looks like all of the settings (including PB17 window position) were all reset during the Maintenance Release. I've lost font selections, options (dashes in identifiers was off), and anything that's part of a default installation. It looks...
Fellow PB Fans, Just wanted to say thanks to everybody who was at Elevate this week.  The conference exceeded our expectations, and we're already looking forward to returning next year! I also want to thank the folks who attended either/bot...
The application was migrated from powerBuilder 7.0. Migration did not have any problem. The migrated application works fine in PowerBuilder 2017 IDE. After the application was deployed the application launches fine. The error occurs when tryin...
Hello, I just purchased Appeon Powerbuilder 2017.  I have migrated my PB 11.5 application to this new version and would like some recommendations for deployment to my clients.  In PB 11.5, I would deploy the project using Pcode and PBDs for the li...
Hello, I have a tablet with Windows 10. This tablet has a front and a back camera. How can I access these cameras to take pictures? Any library? Kind Regards Roy   ...
Hello, We are getting a process terminated due to an unhandled exception in .Net 4.0.30319 in our application. Then we get a subsequent faulting module xerces-c_2_8.dll. We are using PB classic 12.6.4058. Does anyone have any input on this or awar...
Hi. I've noticed that fileopen works a little bit different in native pb and .net assemblies (this has been tested in pb 12.5 and pb2017). Fileopen returns the file number assigned to filename we want to open. If I use now fileopen in conju...
Hi, We are moving from PowerBuilder 12.5 to PB2017. We are using PVCS (Serena) version control for PB12.5 and we intend to use same repository for PB2017. We are successful in establishing a connection between PVCS reposoitory and PB2017 code (whi...
I am trying to do an integration testing with PB 12.5.2 and some APIs. I have managed to make it work on the client server version but can't seem to make it work after deploying to Appeon (EAServer) Appeon for PowerBuilder 2013 R2 Build 0126.00 ....

There are no discussions available here currently