Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
We occasionally embed web browser data windows within our PowerBuilder application. One common example is to utilize Microsoft Explorer. This works well for us, but we would like to save the user's preference of type of view (icon, list, detail, etc....
Hi my question concerns Odata :  Is it possible to make a query on more than one table? If someone has an example it would be great...
Hi ,   My question concerns Odata : how to enable update properties from datawindows to update a table with this kind of connection. If someone has an example, It would be great to share it.   Thanks in advance...
Hi the question concerns Odata connections  : which versions of Odata are compatible with PB2017R2? OdataV4? OdataV3? OdataV2 (it seems to be OK))   Thanks in advance for response...
Has anyone else seen an issue with events not triggering in the same order between versions?  I am specifically seeing an issue when our application is launching - a tab control has different behavior in order of when selectionchanging and selectionc...
I have an app with PFC resizing service. It work perfect in the windows. When I deploy to PowerServer for some reason the PFC resizing is not working. Any advise will be gratefully appreciated. Regards, Clarence....
Hi all,     I have a window with multiple datawindows. I have osme tabs and when I click on those tabs the corresponding data window doesn't display. So can you help me in finding the mistake....
When i open a window with many command buttons (ca 40) powerbuilder takes really long - at least 30 seconds -until i can use it again. i can literally watch the obejcts being drwan. The same  happens whenever the buttons need to be drawn. I compar...
We get the message can not load the assembly Sybase.Powerbuilder.Datasource.Db or one of its depencies (Access denied).  I tried to use processMonitor to find out which dll could not be loaded but was not succesfull. We deploy a dll as a .Net assemb...
Hi all I have build a target ws. One of its functions needs to return a file. What is the best way of doing that ? I have tried convert file into blob but the proxy ws "understands" that as ANY type , why ?   Any ideas ? Thanks  ...
I am creating a new datawindow using a SQL Select. Because of some limitations in SQLServer, I need start with a WITH  (Common Table Expression) I can't seem to get PowerBuilder to understand the result set and get no columns (Or PB Crash)   PB12.6...
Dear all, When I used Powerbuilder 2017 R2 classic to connnect MySQL 5.7.17 at Windows Server 2012 R2 via ADO.Net 6.9.10 provided by MySQL, there is issue to show "No procedure parameter found" after calling mysql store procedure. When I open powerb...
Will the C# Datawindow or Model be offered as a standalone component? In other words, once it has been created in PB could it be used in a Visual Studio project? Thanks, Don Olliver...
Our application has to support reports where each line on the report could have values which could be in different currencies. To represent the currency format correctly we have been using the expression '\' + currsymb + '#,##0 ;[RED](' + '\' + cur...
For resizing purposes I need to find out the screen size of the device (I-phone, tablet, Galaxy 5.6,7,8,Any) connected & running the app. I will appreciate any suggestion. Regards, Clarence...
We are using SQL Server 2012 database. we have a bit column in some tables. while retrieving them from database to datawindow bit 1 converts automatically into -1. in datawindow it is a number column. kindly advice on how to resolve the issue....
We have recently migrated Powerbuilder application from 6 to 2017. We are using MS SQL Server 2012.In PB6 we have used MSS Microsoft SQL Server 6.x as connection string. in PB2017 we have changed the connection string to "SNC SQL Native Client(OLE DB...
Hi all,   When you bring up the filter function for a datawindow, users can specify filter criteria. Also there is a VERIFY button. Is it possible to have a string variable with the filter criteria and then check by powerbuilder code if this filte...
How can I open a PDF file for viewing?  My db has a list of PDF files that are stored on the file system.  I'd like to provide the option for my users to open/view the file from my application instead of through the file system. ...
Hello, we’re going to begin using “.NET Assembly Targets” to bring some of our business logic to .NET (PB 2017 R2). Development should be kept up in PowerScript by now, so this way would provide us a good solution to use same code in both worlds sim...

There are no discussions available here currently