Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Greetings all. Multi rows, multi column (edit) datawindow. I would like to change border or color or font or background of the current column on current row. Any chance appeon development team can add getcolumn() and/or getcolumnname() to datawind...
Company has recently upgraded Bitbucket  to new version (Atlassian Bitbucket v5.12.0) . Since then we are not able to connect the repository from Powerbuilder workspace IDE.  Getting the error:  However, we have no problem connecting the reposit...
Hi everyone I'm having an issue with PB 2017 R3 (1858) where a datawindow with an expression in the sort order can't correctly restore that sort order later. I've attached an example DW Sort Order is as following: Running the following code on t...
Hello, I use to build outlook Email with OLE components and I want to insert the default digital signature in the htmlbody. Someone can help me?   I give you part of my code with the variables declarations : OLEObject viole_applicationOLEObject ...
We have a DW report with a Summary section with height 0 but autosize height, which can be varying heights depending on the data. We have found that PB tries to always keep the Summary section together on one page, but will never put it alone on the...
I am using PowerBuilder 2017 R3 Build 1858.  SQLServer 2012 database. datawindow.Retrieve crashing program when try to retrieve 'too much' data. I have a report that takes a date range argument.  when I put in a short date range, the report runs fi...
I will admit I am getting very frustrated with Powerserver/PowerBuilder 2017. I am running PB2017 R3, WIN10. Scenerio. 4 string variables String ls_1, ls_2, ls_3, ls_all ls_1, ls_2, ls_3 - all variables happen to have null values when "adding/co...
Inno Setup v5Windows 7, 64 bit platform Everything seems to work, except that the application itself does not show up in the Control Panel's "Programs and Features" applet. However, the Uninstaller entry exists there!  Folders and files are created ...
With the new theming UI in beta, do we have the capability to make a checkbox and/or radiobutton look disabled in a datawindow like we can on a regular object? I have a screenshot below of what I mean outside of a datawindow.     I don't want to...
Hello I'm migrating a PB2017 application to support datatype from CHAR to NCHAR and I have problems using SNC connection migrating from  PB 6.5 and Native MS SQL driver. This is the connection string: SQLCA.DBMS = "SNC SQL Native Client(OLE DB)"SQL...
Hi all,   I just used the PB beta2 version to test the function to generate the datawindow to C# model, but it need to set the connection first. I see there are only 3 data source, postqresql, sqlserver, oracle. We are using sybase as DB, how could...
Hi everyone I need to replace the scroll bar that normally appears in loops. Does anyone have Powerbuilder code (to be shared) with some nice animation?Thank'sGimmy  ...
Hi All,   I have a editable datawindow. I would like to use the left/right arrow to move between columns.  Currently user need to use the tab key to move to next column. Does anyone have any idea to achieve such behavior ?    Rgds, Chee Boon...
We are still running PB 12.5.2 build 5801 but was wondering if anyone else has recently run into an issue with MS Word formatting issues out of your application.  There were 2 recent updates that seemed to have caused it and one of them is a critical...
Using PowerBuilder 2017 R3 Build 1880.  Nothing .NET, using standard PowerBuilder. ids_accs = CREATE DataStore ids_accs.DataObject = "d_users" ii = ids_accs.SetTransObject(SQLCA)   SetTransObject is returning -1 at runtime.  If running in the ID...
What version of PDFlib is used in R3? Version 9.2?   Thank you....
When i use a Crypter Object i have a error with Power builder 2017 , because it close .  The error happen when i change the key and no use the key in the example : Blob lblb_data Blob lblb_key Blob lblb_iv Blob lblb_encrypt Blob lblb_decrypt ...
I am calling a .NET component given to me by our .NET Team from PowerBuilder 2017 R2. They tell me I need an .exe.config file for it to work. If I build my application into an executable, and add an .exe.config file, it does indeed work. However, wh...
Not sure if I am doing something wrong... I was trying out one of Roland Smiths objects for encryption, works fine in PB12.5 but fails when converted to Appeon Web.  Looks like it hangs up on the CRYPTCREATEHASH api..error 126 - module not found.  Mi...
Hi    will new UI theme feature work in power server web? ...

There are no discussions available here currently