Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
I wrote a function to call a SOAP web service using the httpclient object using TLS 1.2. This works just fine on my computer, but when I deploy the application to another computer (which does not have PowerBuilder 2017 installed), an exception is thr...
Could you please explain why PowerServer only supports deployment to only certain J2EE application servers (WebLogic, WebSphere, JEUS and WildFly)? If it's a J2EE compliant application it should be able to deploy to any J2EE container - that's the id...
Hi, I need some help with Appeon PB R3 deploying as simple standalone application. I have two DataStore objects of type (Tabular, external source) I have a program that uses ImportFile() function to import 3,900 rows from a CSV file (UTF-8) into th...
Is it possible to build common libraries once using Appeon Auto Compiler?...
Hi guru. I published a ws in IIS via the 'Generate setup file' option. When I try to go running it brings me back the error below. From what I understand it can not find 'Sybase.PowerBuilder.Core.dll'. The question is: Who uploads the file to the...
Hello, I have a problem with a mobile app. I wanted get the rowheight but it  returns 0. Why? Rowheight is supported in powerserver mobile. If I run in pbl it is working but if I run it in Appeon Workspace in my mobile it return 0.  This is the code...
Does PowerBuilder 2018 support Stored procedures with Table-valued parameter?...
I was not able to connect to power builder 2017 R3 to an Oracle 12CR2 database. It says 'ORA:28040: No matching authentication protocol'. Should i have to worry about installing a 64-bit version of power builder 2017R3 as well as 64 bit Oracle client...
Unable to work in PowerBuilder 2017.  I initially logged in and my recent repository tried to load, but since we now have it on AWS, and I forgot to login it hung.  I killed PowerBuilder, logged in locally to the account for AWS, then reopened PowerB...
I'm connecting through DirectConnect to mainframe DB2 but the timestamp columns are returning 1900-00....  I remember in the past that there was possibly a dbparm or setting that corrected this issue but I can't seem to find it. ...
I'm setting up some file associations for my PB 2017 application and one thing you can set up is where to find an icon to association with a file extension. However, I can't see where the 3rd party icon I have configured in my app lives. It is defin...
Buenas Tardes   Como Acceder a los datos de un una archivo Xml utilizando MSXML2.DOMDocument.3.0   Muchas Gracias...
Dear Crish, you could give me an example (PB code) of PDF functionality, as shown at: https://www.appeon.com/developers/library/videos/building-apps-using-new-appeon- pdf-solution.html (Display_PDF App Appeon WorkSpace) Regards,  Franco C. ...
Howdy! I am trying to use a 32 bit ODBC Data Source in the PowerServer Web Toolkit, but I cannot get my Data Sources to appear there. I have tried adding 32 bit sources (SQL Server 11.0) to my User DSN and System DSN, but neither appear in the tool...
Hi How to call (Powerbuilder 2017 r3) a REST web service that uses a client certificate (x509) to authenticate the calling application ? Best regards Thierry...
Hi All, I have PB 125 application running on Appeon 2016 which calls an email web service on the same server deployed previously under PB 12.5.  After our team upgraded to TLS 1.2 calls to the email web service stopped working.  I was able to give i...
I have  added two lines in the PB.INI  file  to save my report datawindows as PDF : [Data Window]NativePDF_Valid=1NativePDF_IncludeCustomFont=1   I am able to save report datawindow as PDF.   If there is one page, the PDF is fine.   If there a...
Can you tell me if Powerbuilder pfc 6.0 is compatible with 2017 R3?   Thank you...
When i try test connection send me red error - The type initializer for 'ibm.data.informix.ifxconnection' threw an exception Read This - "This can also happen if your informix client DLL version number is mildly different from the reference you hav...
Hello community, I have a question about the possibilities in PB to get access from a 32bit application on the 64bit part of the registry. Question:- Does PB support, by default, to read (or set) registry keys in the 64bit part of the registry from...

There are no discussions available here currently