I have a question about the possibilities in PB to get access from a 32bit application on the 64bit part of the registry.
- Does PB support, by default, to read (or set) registry keys in the 64bit part of the registry from a 32 bit application?
- Does exist other ways to solve the problem?
- Our application is a PB2017R2 32bit app.
- We use external apps, calling by our app, to do something.
- On 64bit OS we call 64bit apps.
=> Befor calling external apps we must check if the app and the needed software of this app is installed on the local maschine. To check this, we need access to the 64bit registry.
- We want to check if C++ 2010 (x64) is installed (on a 64bit machine of course).
- I found no information to this topic in PB help or here in this forum
- I know, in .Net you have two ways solve this porblem
=> 1. The framework blocks reading 64bit registry from 32bit apps by default, but you can import the functions manually reading the windows api (not my preferred solution)
=> 2. Befor get anything from registry, you can set the "registryview" to 64bit, so your registry command go to the correctly registry part
I hope someone can help us, to solve our problem.