Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi, We have a legacy application. We have a performance issue and we find to have trouble with few forms only. We suspect that it might be due to the large amount of dropdowns which are present as datawindows instead of dropdown list box. Does it ...
Hi, I want to use the serverdate and time in my program, Please suggest how to write the code, I created the below fucntion for serverdate datetime    ldt_server_datetime ****************************************************************...
Hi I have a requirement where I will need upto 150 N-Up dataObjects eg 1 - 150 columns to be available at runtime so that I can switch to the appropriate DataObject based on a selection by the end user. I know I could do this by Hand which I...
I am using SHBrowseForFolderA and SHGetPathFromIDList to allow a user to select a directory. This works fine in 32bit mode. However it crashes in 64bit mode even though I have converted the handle variables to longptr. Has anyone implemented th...
Hi All,  We have a power builder application which runs in Power Builder 12.1 version with PFC libraries.  We are planning to migrate it to Power Builder 2017 R2 version to which we have downloaded the 2017 PFC libraries from Appeon website.  ...
Looking for some input as to what exactly this setting does and why you would not always just set it to Large?  I have customers that run into an issue where if the report is too large it will just crash because it has exceeded the memory. I am wonde...
Hi I've got a Datawindow Column (of type string(9)) with an EditMask of ###-###-###. If I paste the string 123456789 into this field, I get this: Am I doing something wrong or is an EditMask just not suited for Copy&Paste? Regards...
Hello All, We are testing with our users the Appeon Deployed application. the performance without any tuning is almost the same as what they have in their client server app. Any one have any tips or best practices on how to set both  Appl...
Hi Everyone, I am a newbie in terms of power builder. Is there any possible way to create this kind of UI in power builder 2017 r2 version? Please see image below. Please note that the image is created in Power Builder.Net 12.5. Any suggestion is ...
Hi, We are challenging problem with high consumption of windows user objects by datawindow.  Windows are limiting processes to 10.000 user objects, it is quite simple to reach this limit in big MDI applications which are using many datawindows. On...
Hi All, One of our PB apps is used in multiple timezones, with users in those differing timezones hitting the same Oracle table rows, based on their role.  Because of that, the varying timestamps in our tables are off, making it rough to report on...
Hi Our old license is running out at 2018-7-1. We bought new licenses and that are valid from 07/01/2018~06/30/2019. If I assign the new licensce I get mail, baut I cannot login from Powerbuilder IDE with the new license. Any help? Regards R...
Hi,   I got my data in datastore ,now i want to save that data  in pdf in one location (c:/test/pbreport.pdf) ds_email = create datastore ds_email.dataobject = "d_display_pltm_mngr_edit" ds_email.settransobject( SQLCA) ll_rows = ds_...
Hi, I have PB2017 running on a Win7 Notebook. On Wednesday this computer will get a new Windows10 installation.  PB and everything else will be newly installed. My question is: Do I have to do anything regarding my licence? Like logout fr...
Hi there, is it possible to create a dw xml template starting from an existing xsd schema? tia ...
Hi all, I have a power builder 9 report that has a double nested report inside of it.  it's an invoice report and the main form calls a data window that will call another data window that will print the details of the report.  the problem is i...
Hi all, I raised this question a year ago but I can't find any recent reference to the issue so I'll ask again. I am now using Appeon R2 Build 1769. Is it or will it become possible to build the application using PBC170.exe with a no...
Hello PB Experts, We have moved from PB12.5 to PB2017 R2. Let me explain you about how we were using PB12.5 for our project. We were using PuskOK to manage the Source Control with PB application where PB used to interact with SVN using PushOK Sour...
I need to know if PowerBuilder 2017R2 have any problems with IPv6, we are migrated at this version of IP and dont' knowed if trouble.  Please help. ...
Hi, When I commit changes to SVN Repository, it created a folder called as "ws_objects" with all sub-folder libraries. why is it? And, still seeing + sign on each object. please suggest.   ...

There are no discussions available here currently