Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
I have a bunch of PDFs that are saved in our database using the OLE Database Blob control in a DataWindow.  Is there a way to save these PDFs as a standalone PDF file using code?  Right now, if I use the code below, I am unable to open the "Test.pdf"...
I have an universal version of Powerbuilder 2017R2 i try to deploy an application in offline mode and i recive this message: You are deploy to powerserver mobile (PB Edition )that does not support offline capability. [...] is it true ? Po...
Hi, I am using the 'Package' option to create a custom build of the Appeon Workspace but I am currently getting a build issue for iOS. (I have the Android one working without issue). I get the following Build Error: Build EonAwsApp: Fai...
I am running in the following error - after migration from PB9 to PB2017 R2 Message Title PowerBuilder application execution error (R0023) Message Application terminated. Error Cannot assign object of type n_cst_platformunicode to variable of ...
Instead of using the run time installer, I'd just like to copy the files from a specified directory and then run scripts to do any registration or whatever needs to be done. I have installed the runtime files onto separate directories. Does anyon...
Is there a way to have PB execute Embedded SQL or Datawindow queries in a parametrized form? (Apart from rebuilding the entire application to use Stored Procedures) Scenario We have a (embedded or DW) SQL query like this: SELECT col1, col2 ...
I am seeking advice on why a horizontal-scrollbar (hsb) on a single-row datawindow object does not function. The datawindow object is long with a width of 9600 because it needs to display over forty columns of data converted to text from a spreads...
I'm getting failed to connect to database when using Oracle Native Drivers only when using the configuration tools to deploy to my Appeon Power Servers.  This happened after a corporate McAfee Client update with everything locked down using the f...
Hi. Is there any examples on how to invoke and consume a SOAP web service using the httpclient object? Today, we use the proxy object like this: long ll_ret decimal ldc_saldo SoapConnection DGSConnection transactionsservice TransCli...
DropDown Datawindow event (Event ID: pbm_dwndropdown) is very convenient when you need to modify the child datawindow drop down list just before the opening. I have to change the list back to its original state when the list is collapsing. Is there ...
Note, I'm NOT asking how to associate a wsconnection object to a web service call in a client.  If I deploy an nvo to IIS, can I access PBCookie and wsconnection information in the deployed nvo? ...
Hi, I have another issue with deploying PB 2017 to the Term Servers. If I run my application through the PB 2017 IDE or an exe on the network, it opens pretty quickly. But when I deploy it on Term Servers, it takes around 1 minute to open. A...
Hi, I am able to run .exe file completely fine on my development PC (Win 10 64 Bit) . when i try to run the same on different PC i am receiving "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click ok to close the application"  . Prio...
Hi  I need to call a REST service and have to provide a client certificate to authenticate the calling application. The certificate is not installed on the client machines but available as a file. In C# I use the WebClient to achieve this. Howe...
1 - I have mobile only application, trying to deploy on windows server (has already powerserver setup, tested good) But going through this wizard and it is requiring me to pick a  Web Server…Why ? Why do I need a web server if I want to convert to "...
Hello, I need help with my application. I recently migrated my application from PB 12.5.2 to PB 2017. We use Terminal Servers to host our clients with SQL Server as the DB. After the migration, I am not able to run the exe. I get the error "...
Our company recently upgraded to Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (2018 Version) and now my OLE Database Blob in our DataWindows no longer works.  (It worked fine with the 2015 version).  Double-clicking on the control or using OLEActivate() does nothing.  OLEAc...
Hi, I use a simple Rowscopy() function. When i test it with Debug it does the job (return 1) When i deploy it in 32 bits... The same statement return -1 Is it a runtime DLL issue? Thank's. Marco I.e. : It's a old system from...
I am testing an evaluation copy of PB 2017 R2. The migration tool reported no errors when upgrading our PB 12.5.2 app. However, I am seeing random SQL Server errors during runtime that do not occur in PB 12.5.2. I compiled using PowerGen 9.5, and am ...
Hello I need to recover some information from a program created with pb that is running. 1) the complete path from where the program started 2) the date of creation of the program (exe) Are there any APIs? I can not find anything = ( ...

There are no discussions available here currently