Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi All, I am new to Power Builder .NET 12.6 . How do i make connection to Oracle database? , i have software installed on my machine which is Windows 10 64-bit.  Thanks in advance. NA   ...
Dear Community, 1. Currently I am using Power Builder 2017 R2 trial version. I successfully converted source code from PB version 12.5 to 12.6 ( PB2017R2). With the source code PB2017 R2 is fine. But when I Build the executable and generate pbds f...
Hi What I'm doing is using external datawindows as templates for another external datawindow (to make a calendar). From the templates I get the objects I'll create in the calendar datawindow.   Basically I dw_template.describe(...
Hi, I've sort of got Git working but I've got a problem with one of my applications where it won't commit changes.  I can edit an object and Powerbuilder knows its modified but when I Commit it, it doesn't seem to update the repo. ...
PB 2017 R2, Build 1756 Hello PB Community, I have the OLE code to paste the contents of a datawindow to an Excel spreadsheet (thank you to all the examples available online!) I want to copy multiple datawindows into the same worksheet, but p...
Good morning Im working on the migrating of an application and I'm having an issue. The problem is that in the application we use the function uf_save_dw_as_excel from the library dw2xls, in the desktop version everything is ok but when i depl...
i have PBL 2017 R2 Universal edition, i installed the PowerServer toolkit on top of PBL, but its buttons on the PBL menu are not enabled. i am apparently missing some basic setup here.   please advise. sasha ...
Good afternoon I'm working on a PowerBuilder app migration to WEB using PowerServer. My problem is with the PBDOM library, in the application this library and their functions, types, are used to create xml files. In the desktop version everyth...
Hi all, I'm looking for a particular session from Elevate 2017. How to automate Adobe PDF document processing w/encryption - By Sue Brown I can't find it anywhere in the Elevate 2017 session list. If anyone can post the session li...
The of_setapprotationlock() function from the eon_mobile_awsex object in the appeon_workarounds pbl does not work on IPhone 6S. It works when you run the application on IPhone using the Appeon App to launch the application the of_setapprotationloc...
Hello to all I have some strange crashes with the applications installed on my clients' computers. Can someone certify me the following dll? atl80.dll  ==> ver: 8.0.50727.762  dim: 94.0kb atl100.dll ==> ver: 10.0.40219.1 d...
Hi to everyone Can someone tell me where to find the source of YouHoops (old powerbuilder example) Thy GMY ...
I'm in the process of migrating my PB 10.5 applications to Appeon Powerbuilder and want to use the new Git source control features.  My test migration project has 2 targets but when I add Source Control on the workspace only the first target look...
hay i have a problem  if i bought a powerserver license  and i made a mobile application works with sql server connection and i need to setup it on my customer computer when i setup powerserver on his computer it's will be expire within 30 da...
Hi All, I've got a datawindow with codes in the other event to scroll the parent UO in the window.  It works for all columns, except when the current column is the richtext style column.  Does anyone know how to make this work? Thanks. B...
Hi.   I need to write to the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT part in the windows registry from our PB 2017 application. When I use RegistrySet("HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\mykey","MyValue",RegString!,"MyValue"), it returns -1. If I change to HKEY_CURRENT_USER, i...
Hi to all ! Of_getclienttype function return only "PB" value (pbl in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\appeon\developTempFile\appeon_workarounds release of september '17). I deploy a web app to local powerserver web, but this function return "". Is the...
I am trying to test using Git for source control with PB 2017 R2. I can successfully add all the objects in my workspace to my local Git repository through PowerBuilder, but when I try to push to the remote Bitbucket repository (which we host on one ...
When I try to export my crosstab - the column description are not exported instead I get for example year_1 year_2 year_3 - instead of 2016 2017 2018 It is a very simple cross tab - account as the row - year (invoice_date)  as the column - no sub ...
The BIT column in a datawindow is being returned as -1 when 1 and 0 when 0.  This has been occurring for me using PB 12.0 and now with the new PB 2017.  I am experiencing this in both SQL Server 2008 R2 and 2014.  Has anyone run across this before.  ...

There are no discussions available here currently