Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi Since at least Version 12.5, if a DW control had the Autosize Height property enabled, ligatures (for some fonts like for example Calibri) were turned off, while if Autosize Height is disabled, ligatures were turned on. See example: Sinc...
Will there ever be a download of runtime files available for English?  I see a zip for other languages but not English.   ...
Dear all, any way to get the values i can put in the Powerserver Datasource for MSSQL Server in the  Other Options and Extended Options if i put the same than the dbparm seems to have no effect. for example i have in my DBPARM: Trusted...
Hello, I'm just testing the new built in Richtext Control (TE Edit Control) in PB 2017 R2. I'm using the richtext control as well as the datawindow richtext edit style. As previous mentioned in this posthttps://community.appeon.com/index.php/qna/q...
Hi folks,   during every PB2017 start conncting our workspace to the SVN repository a Progress dialog of the PushOK software shows a full processing of all(!) our PB objects. It shows a message like " Received: UDF7093/pblname/datawindowname...
Hello, Is there a library to write to a syslog server from a PowerBuilder app? Or, if not, then is there a way to create log entries from PowerBuilder, that complies with the new European Union's general data protection regulation, namely i...
I have a PB 12.6 app using a local SQL Anywhere 12 db that pipes to an Oracle db.  Client wants to move it to a Citrix environment.  I need to have the SQL Anywhere db support multi-users.  Right now, each user has a SQL Anywhere db on their PC.  Wha...
The list of known issues with SVN/Git source control in PB 2017 R2 at https://www.appeon.com/support/documents/appeon_online_help/pb2017r2/release_bulletin_for_pb/ch02s02.html includes this item: If you use the new Git/SVN feature, OrcaScript wo...
Hi, Is it appropriate to expect working and usable application with Appeon PowerServer mobile and Workspace, optimized for offline mode, on Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) or 4.4 (KitKat) devices with 1GB of RAM. Specifically, Motorla/Zebra TC55 (https:/...
Hi,  has anyone already implemented a Powerbuilder client that is using a RapidMQ server and could give us some hints how to do this? We need to enable our old PB app to register at RapidMQ and get Messages from there. Thank you Thomas ...
Hello, We have several applications in PB2017-R1 on the same server. Are we obliged to migrate them all to PB2017-R2 at once ? Or can we install the R2-runtime, without having to fear an impact on the applications that were developed under t...
Hello Is a maintenance release scheduled before 2017R3 (July 31 2018)?   GIMMY ...
An application, that we recently converted from PB12.5.2 to PB2017, opens documents thus ll_rc = ShellExecuteW ( Handle( gw_mdi ), "open", ls_path , ls_null, ls_null, 1 ) where ls_path is the full path & filename. If the file is a PDF and the def...
I'm running PB2017. I've created a window which has a picture control and transparent background text control. All is fine when I place the text control over anywhere on the window, including on picture controls, the background remains transp...
We are currently using MSXML (for Appeon clients) and the Chilkat ActiveX objects (for regular PB clients) to do http and https requests within our PB 11.5 application. It appears that we might be able to use the new HTTPClient object instead as we m...
Hello GURU I have a problem on PB2017R2 + GIT + PULL I try to give you the details of how I operated: 1) I have 2 programmers correctly configured with a project under GIT 2) both have nothing to commit or push. The git status from all al...
This function is found in the pfcapsrv.pbl.pfc_n_cst_filesrvwin32 ​My code: date dt_test time tm_test pfc_n_cst_filesrvwin32 lnv_file if NOT IsValid(lnv_file) then    lnv_file = CREATE pfc_n_cst_filesrvwin32 end if li_rc =  lnv_file...
From a discussion thread dated approx. 8 months ago, I see where Native PDF generation can be utilized at execution time by adding NativePDF_Valid=1 (zero is the default) to the [Data Window] section of the pb.ini file. There is also a way to include...
APPEO2016 PB12.5 Windows 7 - Windows 10. I have the deploy the application de APPEON2016 Universal it works in mobile and Microsoft Explorer / EDGE When i try to run the APP in FireFox / Chorme it shows the Link to donwload the Plugin ...
Hi All Is there a best practice / recommendation about what to put into the systemerror event I have a messagebox that shows the error.number, line, object, windowmenu, text The reason i ask is i am getting a few crashes - when working in...

There are no discussions available here currently