Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi, we are currently searching for a PDF component for our PowerBuilder Apps Our requirements are: a) create PDF Files from different Files like DocX, Excel and other file types b) create PDF FIles from PB reports c) create PDF/A files for...
PBv12.1, build 7055 Oracle 12C   I have a new table that the DBAs created for testing. I can logon as the Catalog Owner = "CHADBA". I am unable to logon as any other user; the error is:        "Please connect as the PowerBuilder ...
Hard to believe since it's been so long... ...
Greetings, we have an English language app built on PB12.6.  We need to translate to Spanish in the near future.  I've downloaded the Enable tool, and not having much success.  The issue seems to be the translation database.  Anyone have ex...
App connected to SQL Server uses 12.6 PFC and PB 12.6 classic and runs in IDE but once deployed it does not and behaves differently. Running in the IDE in the open event of the app gnv_app.pfc_open() fires in n_cst_steps_appmanager. When I deploy the...
Hi All, Perhaps I am missing something, but in Appeon Enterprise Manager, I can only see 20 applications listed under the Mobile App Distribution -> Applications.  This has become troublesome, as when I need to generate QR Codes for distribution I...
When my customer has a new installation of office 365, he cannot send email, but when the office 365 has been upgrade from old version (window 10) that’s work fine. Somebody can help me.   Thanks,   François ...
PB v12.1 b7055, and soon to be PB 2017 Oracle 12C   Our company is FINALLY ready to replace InstallShield. I'm looking for suggestions for a replacement tool based on real-world experience.   Thanks, Olan   ...
Help I need to thicken from the code the tray in which I want to print and use paper.source without getting any results. ...
Hello, I'm using Powerbuilder 12.1 Classic Build 6639, Windows 7 64 In my application I do a call to a webservice - function 'rkdb'. (I use the .NET WS engine) The rkdb function can do certain things depending on the request-para...
Hi, I am creating new folder in C:\Users\ through PB code (Using CreateDirectory(C:\Users\ssp)), folder is creating but i am not able to see newly created folder, when i access that folder using path C:\Users\ssp then its opening but its hidden. ...
Hello, We are using PB 12.5.2 5629 and Oracle 11.2.0.4.0.  I am trying to get the Oracle password dialog to pop by adding PWDialog=1 to the DBParm and it is not working.  I also tried PWExpDialog=1, also with no success.  Has anyone got either of ...
If not, where can I find them, please? Paul ...
Greetings All, I have an PB 12.5 Winform application creates a composite datawindow in a datastore; I save it as a PDF file and send it as email.  The application is deployed to a server in \\trip tickets\ and works great when started from my work...
Hi, we were told that the launch of SQL Server 2017 will be on 31 May 2017. Today we are on 2014. We want to skip 2016 version and jump directly to 2017 asap. When will Appeon Powerbuilder 2017 offical support Sql Server 2017. We know tha...
Hi, in the past our customers used Infomaker to modify existing reports or to create their own reports with Infomaker. The customers are able to integrate these datawindow reports created by themself into our powerbuilder desktop app. This  ...
Hi, I am trying to get tracking information from FEDEX SOAP webservices, but receiving an array boundary execeed run time error setting the package number info with request.selectiondetails[0] =trackselectiondetail.  Using PB 12.6 Classic Only exa...
I have Ghostscript installed and the printer so I can SaveAs PDF! from the IDE and standard apps. From within IIS I get a zero byte file. I wrote an IIS extension in C that uses PBNI to allow me to run PB code directly from a PBL within IIS. I am ...
Hi everyone One of my clients asked if i can sign out automatically from the application if the user is idle for 45 minutes using pb12.5 classic any one has an idea ?   thanks Moshe ...
PB 12.5.1 I know that global variables are not shared across threaded objects but is it safe to create a new instance and set the global variable to that in the threaded object (ie. SQLCA)? My situation is this - I create multiple threads (sharedo...

There are no discussions available here currently