Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi, we were told that the launch of SQL Server 2017 will be on 31 May 2017. Today we are on 2014. We want to skip 2016 version and jump directly to 2017 asap. When will Appeon Powerbuilder 2017 offical support Sql Server 2017. We know tha...
Hi, in the past our customers used Infomaker to modify existing reports or to create their own reports with Infomaker. The customers are able to integrate these datawindow reports created by themself into our powerbuilder desktop app. This  ...
Hi, I am trying to get tracking information from FEDEX SOAP webservices, but receiving an array boundary execeed run time error setting the package number info with request.selectiondetails[0] =trackselectiondetail.  Using PB 12.6 Classic Only exa...
I have Ghostscript installed and the printer so I can SaveAs PDF! from the IDE and standard apps. From within IIS I get a zero byte file. I wrote an IIS extension in C that uses PBNI to allow me to run PB code directly from a PBL within IIS. I am ...
Hi everyone One of my clients asked if i can sign out automatically from the application if the user is idle for 45 minutes using pb12.5 classic any one has an idea ?   thanks Moshe ...
PB 12.5.1 I know that global variables are not shared across threaded objects but is it safe to create a new instance and set the global variable to that in the threaded object (ie. SQLCA)? My situation is this - I create multiple threads (sharedo...
Is possible to use HTTP Basic Authentication with the AppeonWebServiceComponent object? If not, any plan to support it? Thanks! ...
I have a VS 2015 C# program that interfaces with Authorize Dot Net using TLS 1.2 as the default security protocol.  AuthDotNet has two environments.  The Test environment only allows TLS 1.2.  Production will allow both TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2. The VS...
PB v12.1 Classic I have a need to create a DWOBJECT dynamically. Now, we all know that the standard method is as follows, but it requires that the column name be hardcoded.         dwobject    ldwo         ldwo = this.Object.emr_juris_ind   ...
If I open an Excel file through PB 12.5 classic using the ShellExcuteW API it opens the file correctly. I type or change something in the file and close it without saving.  Excel does not detect a change and ask if I want to save. If I open the...
Hello, i'm confronted with a situation a never dreamed about ... :-( At the customer-side they lost the source code from a powerbuilder application. Recently they installed a new server and they want to reinstall the application, but the...
Looking for a way to save an Oracle BLOB out to a file on a client through PowerServer Web?   Average Blob size is 350 Meg.  I have tried using SelectBlob but is not working... Out of memory. Help? ...
Hello,  Is it possible to insert to PB App visual controls for .NET forms? We are looking for any alternative to 32bit ActiveX that can be plugged to 32bit and 64bit PB application.  Thank you, Yuri ...
Has anyone converted Bruce Armrstrong's code for reading and writing in chunks to an Oracle database to work with APPEON?   I have the need to read files larger than 100meg and store it in a database.  The average file size is 350meg.  I have it work...
12.5.1 classic Creating web service - running it i get an error that 'sybase.powerbuilder.interop.dll' or one of it dependencies could not be found/loaded. I found old articles saying that the MSI does not appear able to actually load everythin...
I know this does not exist, but I would use it all the time if it was available.  I would like to submit this as a product suggestion/enhancement,  how do I do that? ...
I have a restful webservices, it is java application.   Powerbuilder post a url to restful webservices, fafter get a json data, how can i import to datawindow. only by import or insertrow by insertrow? can i convert json to blob datatype, powerbui...
Hi, our customers would like to have a localized version of Infomaker like all other reporting tools do have ( crystal report, reportbuilder, ssdt, ...) localized version for the IDE ... not only runtime files   Any hope for the future...
When app compiled in 64bit, InsertDocument returns -1 when trying to open HTML file I tested with PB12.6 build 4138   ...
Hi, it seems that some data have been resetted for the portal? I was following some people, had some followers and had edit my profile.   All data seems the be deleted or resetted? :-( TIA ...

There are no discussions available here currently