Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi all, On PB2017 how can we achieve the following.   1) we are using the dw_1.SaveAs() function to allow our users to export to the built-in formats supported by PB (excel ,html and so on.  The saveas() is only giving us a 0 or 1 return code. Ho...
Hello   PowerBuilder 2019 R3 Build 2728   Is there any way using the webbrowser control (cef) to switch on/off spellcheck? Some users have spellcheck and some users don't. What does it depend on? How can I hide the red wavy lines in textbox and...
Hi, I need help how publish Web API in SnapDevelop to run in iis. Have managed to publish in file system where i can run the executable file in "C:\Users\Administrator\source\repos\PowerServer3\ServerAPIs\bin\Release\netcoreapp3.1\publish\ServerAPIs...
I currently have an application whose physical path is C:\inetpub\wwwroot\ and I am using the IIS default website, i can enter the application with http:\\server\application, but what I want to do is enter "directly" only with http:\\serverthanks com...
Hello Appeon Folks, I need your guidance here. I have one PowerBuilder license but last week I needed to work on the PSR so requested for Info Maker license. Now I have both license but now I am not able to open the PowerBuilder. It is throwing erro...
Hello   We have an engine in PB19, which have threads and SQLCA.. SQLCA.DBMS = "SYC Sybase System10", this Engine is workinf kind of find But, Making the same engine in PB21, threads and SQLCA, we have some problems with SQLCA.DBMS with same para...
Using PB2021/PB2022, I'm trying to use JSONPackager::SetValue method to update JSON File values.The problem I encounter, is that the SetValue method does not allow to update a value using is path instead of its key !Indeed, if the same value exists e...
I've been beta testing PB 2022 and 64bit. The IDE can Debug/Run your app in 64bit mode. This makes it much easier to test external function declarations. I have found that it is less forgiving if you use the wrong datatype. I had to update half of ...
I am using a preconfigured IIS VM test server that i use to test Powerserver 2020 applications.  It is already setup correctly for powerserver 2020 with FTP deployment.  it is windows server 2016, .net extensibility 4.6   the install instructions/r...
Hi, I am getting a SQL handle error running PowerServer 2021.  When I get the error, it is an error that I cannot get out of. I am using Powerbuilder 2021 and Oracle 19.  What does this error mean?  Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, ...
PowerBuilder question:  Network Button is not displaying for newer Users of our PB application.  All older users can see the Network Button for the get file open function.  function name is:  Getfilesavename We have no parameter set to turn off Netw...
Hi all, I have a window with a listbox on the left, a datawindow on the right and a splitbar in between.  This is an MDI application.  I'm trying to get the popup menu to display where the user clicked the right mouse button. I'm using the rbuttonu...
Hi, How do we calculate "Content-Length" while consuming a POST REST call in PowerBuilder 2019 version? I have used LEN function to check the length of the body. But its not working. I have attached PB code for it. Could you please suggest a solutio...
PowerBuilder 2019R#, b2703Windows 64 bit platform   Below in BROWN text is my code to call a PostgreSQL stored procedure using a CURSOR; the CURSOR code is in BLUE. This code is not working, I’m getting this on the OPEN call:Research says this is mos...
I tried to find a solution to make 64bit OCX work with 64bit - compiled PB app in PB12.6.  There is case submitted in SAP : 64bit OCX does not work with a 64bits executable: https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2357943/E It looks like the c...
I am upgrading my application from PB2019 to PB2021.  I would like to compile under 64 bit.  When I compile I cannot connect to the database.  I am using the MSOLEDBSQL SQL Server drivers.  I am using the following runtime path when compiling; C:\Pr...
Hello, PowerBuilder 2021 Build 1288 We're in the process of trying to get the remote IP Address of the client machine when running our application through an RDP session. We're successful at using the Windows WTSQuerySessionInformation API and get...
We are investigating the possibility of connecting to oracle from PB2017R3 (and soon 2021) using Kerberos. In researching on the appeon site I did find many options for the older Sybase servers and such. What we are looking for dbparm connection opti...
Hi everyone,      I migrated my source code from PowerBuilder 2019 to PowerBuilder 2021 , then I compiled my app in 64 Bit format. After that I created the MSI 64 runtime installer required to run my app in 64 bit.     The runtime Packager was inst...
we are using dbparm to connect to ms sql server 2019 SET %DBPARM%=TrustedConnection=1,Database='%Database_Name%',Provider='SQLNCLI11',AppName='ixapp', Host='%username%.%computername%',Identity='SCOPE_IDENTITY()',Encrypt=1,TrustServerCertificate=1 ...

There are no discussions available here currently