Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
In PB 2017 we have an SQL statement that can potentially retrieve too many rows to be manageable.   We would like to limit the retrieve to a specified number of rows and use the SQL START AT syntax to say where to start based on the order by The da...
Hello, We're experiencing an odd issue with computed expressions, specifically the following. Why does this expression equate to 1: IF(NOT (1=1) AND (1 = 2), 1, 0) While this expression correctly equates to 0: IF( (1 = 2) AND NOT (1=1), 1, 0) I...
Hi,  I am using Power Builder 2017 R3 Build 1880, I have added a Edit column on FreeForm datawindow and entered multiple lines using EnterKey for next line, Same data has been stored in SQL table - Varchar column, when i retrieve the same data and...
Hi all, I'm on PB2019 R3 2703, and using the new webbrowser control. Some events are missing from this control clicked losefocus Also, the Navigate function does not return an error if the url is incorrect. Always returns 1. Any ideas? TIA...
How to send from PB application a custom trusted certificate filename (when connecting to Test or Dev environments) in order to Override the default trusted certificate. ( PB 2017 R3, connects via open client)...
I'm looking for an "easy" way for PowerBuilder to perform a secure file copy from the local client computer to a server  folder (and copy from server to local computer), by providing a user/password, certificate, etc. that will be recognized by the s...
  Does anyone have successful story ( examples ) to be shared with how to integrate Powerbuilder with Microsoft sharePoint on line  ?  ...
Hi, when using the new Webbrowser (CEF) control we don't seem to be able to use the 'CTRL' + scroll to zoom in /out on a webpage like one can do on a regular browser.  This would normally not be a very big problem but we have one particular site wh...
Hi all,   What is your experience with the PowserClient.    i'm keen to use it, but during the R3 beta it just didn't work very well and no updates were provided during the beta.. so I'm curious as to how well it works before I invest any more ti...
I'm working on a report that will double for a contract.  The report is grouped by employee id number.  I have data in the group header and group footer.  The Detail section lists the courses the employee is teaching.  Everything works fine, unless t...
I am using PowerBuilder 2017 R3, connecting to Sybase DB via Open Client. How do I override the default trusted certificate with dev_trusted when connecting the DB dev and test environments.  ...
Resolution:   Mark Goldsmith noticed that I was storing double quotes with the connection string information.   Removing the stored double-quotes solved the problem!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~PB2019R3Dear Appeon:   Internally in PB2019R3, what is t...
There isn't a tutorial that I can find for the PowerScript Migration. I gave it a try and pretty much everything has a red underline. Are there detailed instructions somewhere?...
I'm seeing some weird behaviour where I suddenly get null object references on instance variables in an object. When I see it in the debugger, all instance variables have disappeared. One example is I detect a problem, put up a messagebox (at which ...
I had my pc in my house, working remotely and using a vpn and my PB19 with GIT was working normaly, but when i return to my office and connect to my LAN (obviously turn off my vpn) my pb19 git didnt work: ---------- Source Control: Errors (09:25:43)...
Need: To implement a method in a Powerbuilder web service to save a file in a network directory receiving the file (blob) and the full path as parameters. IssuesScenario 1: Method implemented with Powerbuilder file functions.Problem: It works when u...
Good morning, I hope you're having a good day, I want to ask if there's a way to put a image to my RibbonCategoryItem, if it not the case can i put a Tooltip in my RibbonCategoryItem?. Regards, Edi  ...
Hello, I want to display a toast notification from Powerbuilder desktop applications.  Is there any free tool or code snippet available ? I saw PowerToast and PB Toolbox, which are very costly for this one component [ they offer a lot of other usef...
I have the AdventureWorks2012 database in my local SQL Server 2017. When I connect in PowerBuilder, the tables named HumanResources.Something, Person.Something, etc. only show the right hand part in the db painter and I get object not found error tr...
HI Guys A question about PowerClient. I'm looking at using this for a project and the client has users that run in TerminalServer/Citrix. I have only tested using Windows 10, I was wondering if anyone had tried PowerClient in this environment or if ...

There are no discussions available here currently