Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Dear Support Team, Following code is not working in my environment. Connect using SQLCA; integer cmpnt_Id_var DECLARE my_cursor DYNAMIC CURSOR FOR SQLSA ; PREPARE SQLSA FROM "SELECT cmpnt_Id FROM Component" ; OPEN DYNAMIC my_cursor ; IF SQ...
Dear Experts, I want to call the VBA Excel functions with optional parameters like Range.PasteSpecial(...) for example in PowerScript functions. I tried the following: OLEObject lole_WS_From // Excel worksheetOLEObject lole_WS_To    // Excel works...
Hi everyone, i try to parse a JSON-String with the new functionalitys of PB2019 and get this error message: "Failed to load the JSON data because its root node is not an object" sample code:   string ls_json, ls_returnJSONPackage luo_jsonluo_json...
Hi Community, Our users would like a "Find in Page" function when they press control-F in the new Chromium based web browser control. They found it useful in this application, from when it used the old IE web browser control. Is there built in fun...
Hi, All   I have a question about playing media files. Our media team has to generate MXF files. But our current media player doesn't support MXF format. Is there a media player I could use to play it? This is for Powerbuilder 2019 R3.   Thanks, ...
Here's a fun one to solve... I am blending a new report-running process with an old. I have no control over the old, and I want to center the Response windows (used for arguments) that are popped up. The window names are stored in a table and dynam...
Hello; My name is Simon, I help my client for a application APPEON mobile  Register the app developed by APPEON in the Google Play Store. In the past, it was possible to register as an APK file, but now it is possible to register as an aab packag...
I am writing an admin program to check if a certain program is running on all workstations on my network. This will allow an admin to make sure all users have exited a program prior to updates being rolled out. I can do this with a command prompt an...
We have both Appeon PowerBuilder 2019 and 2021 installed.  I created an executable from 2021 and the .exe file required admin rights to run.  Appeon 2019 does not work this way.  Is there a setting on 2021 I should set or unset to stop this behavior?...
Hello, I am moving an old application from Powerbuilder 9.0.2 to Powerbuilder 2019 R3; part of the application collects pieces of RTF documents, and composes them together, into the Rich Text Editor. In PB9 to achieve this we had queries using SELE...
Hello everyone, I am looking for a solution whether it is possible to use an element (container) of a similar type as a groupbox in the datawindow, to which columns could be assigned and it would be possible to collapse (expand) it by double-clicking...
Does PB2019 work with Google Docs spell check?  We currently use Word spell check via an , but we're switching to Google Docs. lole_Spell = CREATE OleObjectll_RC = lole_Spell.ConnectToNewObject( 'Word.Application' )...
Hello Is there any way how to remap keyboard shortcuts in SnapDevelop? Thank you...
Hello Folks, I have a mutli row datawindow and I need to undo changes made to one particular row - i.e. restore it to the retrieved state. I know I need to do a RowsCopy but am not sure about the syntax. I hope someone can help me with it. dw_1.Row...
Good day, I have not used saving PDF to database using MSSQL... any advice or script that will solve my problem? thank you for you help...      ...
Hi All. Recently, i run into the issue. Few days ago, in the morning, i did the successful push, about an hour after that, i try to do another, but PB crashed and that was it, looks like after that, i cannot get to repository or it is just a pure c...
I keep getting the error message while debugging the application since i migrated from PB 10.5 to PB17 R3.The IDE crashes immediately after displaying the error message Runtime error! R6025 Pure Virtual function call Is anybody experiencing this?It...
Hi team,   Our Threat and Vulnerability Management Unit (TMVU) scans our devices and monitors for any potential threats on a regular basis. Recently the TMVU has identified potential security vulnerabilities with the installations of the PowerBuild...
Hi All,  Just wondering if there are any concerns for Appeon products regarding the newly reported 'Spring4Shell' vulnerability?  I assume there is not as I did not find anything related to this in the Security Builetins for PowerBuilder or PowerServ...
Have an issue with an application that we converted from PowerBuilder 8.0.1 to version 2021 build 1311.. the application converted with no issues. when i run the application via the PowerBuilder IDE the application works fine. Originally I deploye...

There are no discussions available here currently