Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi, I'm trying to set a timeout on the RESTClient.At the moment if the API is unavailable the application waits for 20 seconds (this is a default action(?), I haven't changed anything). I want this time to be reduced to 3 seconds.When I set client ...
I understand that this is not a community to help other products(third party products), but maybe somebody can give me a direction. I purchase the new realease DW2XLS object (The one that works with Appeon PB2017). They give me two dll (PB2XLS.dll & ...
Hi, Is Appeon FileService dependant on PowerServer? I mean, does PowerServer must be installed in the machine where the Appeon FileService is installed? Thanks in advance!...
Is there a way to change the PDF page size and orientation when using the PrintAsPDF function in the new PB2019 R2 WebBrowser control?...
Is it possible to prevent a specific window or user object from having a theme applied to it? e.g. w_main would have no theme at all. I created a new theme-[xxxx].json file. I added blank entries for my objects:"w_main": { } The window is still ...
Hi, I need to develop a desktop application for a touch screen computer. The problem appears in the fields in which a keyboard must appear to type in them, either from datawindows or edit mask, single edit .. Is it possible to use the virtual k...
Hi all I am trying to generate a json string like this ( pb 2017 r3 ) : {"shovarim":[{"SystemCode":1865,"MisparShovar":186500134,"LastDateToPayTime":"0001-01-01T00:00:00","SugShovar":32,"CodeUser":1200,"Herot":null,"ProgramCreate":9,"SumToPay":2.0,...
i am trying to use the getrow() function with infomaker version 2017 R2 Build 1769 however because the report i'm developing is requiring the N-Up Datawindow it is throwing the function off , see below. Is there as way i can use this function or any ...
I am working with a client who has a client server application in Powerbuilder 2017. They want to migrate it to a web application. Can you point me to some documentation that argues for using CloudPro as opposed to Java or .Net?...
Let n_pbni denote a non-visual object exported by a PBNI-Extension and let n_derived denote a class that was inherited from n_pbni. Assume that n_derived's constructor and destructor are implemented and reference global variables that are part of the...
Hi All,     I am using PowerBuilder and Sybase for client server application.  ODBC is using for DB connection but not able to add SSL. I used PSR file and INI file to store Server connection info. Which is the right way to connect PB (Secured one)...
Hi all, Thanks for spending your valuable time... I have an issue in the ItemChanged Event.  Consider that I have a dropdown data window having id & genname in the list. The data type of id is numeric and genname is  string. The data column &a...
How to I set "Windows Classic Style" in the IDE so I see the lowered border type in the IDE....
We've successfully used n_cpp_smtp to send emails from PB2017 applications, but we've recently added a new customer for which it doesn't work.We suspect an issue with the SetAuthMethod or SetConnectionType functions. The argument to both is an intege...
hola, ¿que parámetros le envío al GetFileOpenName para que me salga la ventana con las opciones de amarillo? hi, What parameters do I send to GetFileOpenName so that I get the window with the yellow options? Solo he logrado conseguir lo siguiente...
What is the difference between: this.event close ()close (this) (written on an event eg: postretrive)   I notice that:- the first executes the event script, but does not close the window- the second runs the script and closes the window Because ...
I need to generate a random UUID for a invoice request using Rest/xml endpoint.  I will appreciate any help on how to create a function in PB that can generate a UUID. Thanks...
Not sure if it is even possible.   Have a data in the table:  'All additional information about our privacy, can be found at this location: https://community.appeon.com/index.php/qna/q-a/ask?category=1 Thank you.' store procedure returns this dat...
In PB 2017 R2, there is a datawindow with a date column.  It is using the PFC sort.  When the date column header is clicked, the rows sort as the string value of the date, not as the date value of the date.  Is there a way to make it sort as a date?...
I have a datawindow with Datetime column which uses  stored procedure to save data. when I change the date and tab out, and click on Save button the old data passes to the stored procedure and the new date doesn't save. I'm using the stored procedur...

There are no discussions available here currently