Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
I need to get some information about current Window Processes We used to call VBScript to get that. After we migrate app to 64-bit it is impossible to call VBScript using MSScriptControl.ScriptControl ActiveX.  We are searching for alternatives...
When exporting DataWindow to Excel, all hidden columns are exported but visible computed fields are not.  Exporting datawindows to other formats including PDF appears to be fine. Is there a workaround? If not, can this be fixed?  Thank you, ...
First, it's awesome to see all of the activity in the forums -- exciting to see PB having a renaissance! Now, for my question: A desktop app I currently support uses Windows authentication for the app and database login - it grabs the curre...
Hello, I have created a window which prompts the user to enter a file name and then this file is used for further processing. To make sure that the specified file exists, I call the FileExists function.  If FileExists (sle_selFile.Text) Then ...
Just installed PB2017 onto our Isolated LAN.  Generated the Client Request for offline licensing.  But it is an encrypted string!  What exact information does that string contain?  Our security folks are likely to have a huge problem with this. Th...
When doing a PB Classic 12.1 build from a virtual machine (I remote into it), every 30 days it requires me to check-in my PB license and get a new license.  If I, instead, stay logged directly into the virtual machine, I am never asked to get a new l...
It appears from the answers to some bug reports that all of msvcp80.dll, msvcp100.dll, msvcr80.dll, msvcr100.dll, atl80.dll and atl100.dll are needed for deployment of PB 2017 apps. All of them are present in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\Shared\...
One of our major reasons to switch to PB2107 was that we can get rid of Ghostscript.  After we made our first tests with NativePDF we are very disappointed: The quality of the PDF created via NativePDF is very bad compared with the one created via Gh...
How to execute VB Script when PB app compiled in 64-bit? We used to run VBScript inside of PB App using MSScriptControl.ScriptControl ActiveX: ... mssc = CREATE OleObject li_rc = mssc.ConnectToNewObject( "MSScriptControl.ScriptControl" ) mss...
Hi, Is getdate() supported in PB 2017.   Regards Ankush Rai ...
The custom tooltip that described here  http://pbsite.milente.nl/pbtip015.html does not work when compiled in 64-bit. Any idea?    Thanks, Yuri       ...
Hi   What is FUNCky obsolete in Migration Assistant? I am migrating from PB 7..0 to PB 2017. I am getting following error message for below mentioned code snippet.   Error message while using Migration Assistant for FUNCky obsolete:- "...
I have this really strange issue. I have two pfc applications. The two applications are in separate folders and contain all the necessary PBLs. The second application is a copy of the first with some changes. I have an MDI window w_frame_br (inherite...
Hello there, i would like to know if there are productive PowerBuilder 12.6 Classic 64 Bit / Appeon Powerbuilder 2017 Application deployed in the Field? AFAIK there are still issues (RTF-Control, ActiveX/OLE Control’s) even with 12.6 PL13 ...
Question: Does native PDF creator works under SYSTEM user in PB2017? We had issues with this in pb12.5 , needed to create a scheduled report and send it by email, but saveAs PDF did not work.   Thank you Arcady ...
What is the best way to track the problem when 64-bit compiled PB application stopped working or working incorrectly? Is there recommended way of logging ? Thanks, Yuri ...
Hi all, We have succesfully run our executables with the new PB2017 on different os. Today we tried the first time on a XP machine, but it gpf's... I know , i know XP :(  But does anyone have PB2017 exes running on XP ? Or is this just a...
Hi, I'm comparing 10.5 and 2017, trying to get the backing to move to 2017. I've come across an interesting issue that has me stumped. Basically we have the following code DECLARE OKButtonOnlyForm PROCEDURE FOR SYSADM.p_OKButtonOnlyF...
When saving a dw as pdf (pdflib method) that has a picture and data then picture is not saved in the pdf. I use it to make invoices to send via email to costumers and that's a big bug. have i missed something? (the variable in pb.ini has bi...
Hello everyone,   What is the current relationship between APPEON and NOVALYS? Novalys is still an APPEON partner? Can we continue to buy appeon products through Novalys?   Thanks in advance   ============== Rodolfo Reyes ===...

There are no discussions available here currently