Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Is it safe to install PowerBuilder 2017 Classic / PowerBuilder 2017 Trial version on same windows 7 workstation - which has also PowerBuiilder 9 development installed - without losing dll's etc. ?   ...
Hi all, sorry but I've got another .Net Assembly target question.  If I have an NVO that I use in both a Powerbuilder Classic Windows application and also in a .Net Assembly, is there a way for that NVO to know whether it is being executed as a W...
Hi, I'm curious who else is currently using the .Net Assembly target in PB 2017?  And what sort of projects are you using them in?  I've seen some people talking about their .Net Assemblies being using in IIS.  I'm in the process of co...
does anyone know of a workaround in power server web for the lack of support of the system event dropfiles ?  I need to allow my users to drag and drop files onto a screen and know what file to grab.  works great in powebuilder, but not power server....
Hi Everyone, I'm working on migrating our PB 10.5 COM Object to a PB2017 .Net Assembly but I've had a problem with objects that are dynamically created with the "objectvariable = CREATE USING objecttypestring" syntax.  It can't seem to...
We just released a new version of our program that includes saving DataWindows to PDF using the new NativePDF feature. It has been working fine for us in testing, but a number of users are reporting getting error messages that indicate that the dw.Sa...
Where can I find the source code for the Demo Sales app that is on the Appeon application that comes on the IPad. This is the one with the toolbar on the left. The code I have is not for this application but another demo sales app for the IPhon...
We recently upgraded from PB 12.5 Classic to PB 2017. We currently have four applications.  Two are less than 10 MB in size and two are greater than 50 MB in size. There is no problem when we deploy the project for either of the two smaller app...
If I click any icon on the PowerServer Toolbar, I get the following error message.  "Fail to run toolkit".  Using PB 2017 Build 1681.  What can I do to correct this?  Thanks. ...
Can anyone tell me where you can access/download the source code .pbl's for the Sales Mobile demo application. ...
Hi All, Is it possible use multi threading in powerbuilder application? We have a requirement that 1 lakh payroll record to be processed in limited time period so thinking to use multi threading where process can be placed parallel by dividing ...
Hi All, I am using .Net Proxy to access webServices.If the return argument of my service is String or Numeric it gets called successfully. However when I am calling a service which returns nested objects I am getting exception "Cannot Invoke We...
At our worksite, we're in the process of transitioning over to new developer machines (Win7 to Win10).  During this process, we've encountered some odd behavior within our PB 12.6 Classic (build 4098) on the new machines. If I open an object ...
Hi, Is it possible migrate a PB12.5 .NET proyect to PB2017?. The 12.5.net workspace extension is pbwx and PB2017 do not open it. ...
Hi All Appeon Powerbuilder Universal Edition (Version 2017 Build 1681) PowerServer Toolkit 2017 Build 1689.00 I can't package a custom Appeon Workspace for Android devices (all default settings minus App Identifier) Thanks! Log: ...
Hi,  Running the AutoCompiler it returns "Error: Failed to find the library search path in the .pbt file [...path-to-pbt-file] (The liblist statement does not include any .pbl file)." I've tried to use both the .pbw file and the .pbt, bu...
Hi, We are currently using Amyuni with the lock/unlock calls to enforce single thread pdf generation. After watching Chris's elevate session I am assuming native PDF generation is not safe for Citrix and terminal server installs. Is this...
I downloaded the upgrade For Apeon PB2017 no problem. I run the setup and I get this error "Cannot find the product.ini file." and the Setup program stops.  I purchased PB2017 last year and working with it since June 30,2017. It has being working ...
Hi Community, Is it possible to get an app hosted by someone out there for a period of 2 or 3 months? I will be away for that time and will not keep my laptop-server switched-on during this time. I prefer just to bring my tablet on the journey...
Hello, I'm struggling to find consistencies across platforms due to registry virtualization.  When running through my PB 2017 IDE, the following code works, but when I compile as 32bit or 64bit app, and run the exe, it does not find the produc...

There are no discussions available here currently