Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi! I'm working on a PowerServer proof of concept, and I know that the answer to this question is probably right in front of me, but I can't see it. Running PB 2022 R3 build 3356 and the database is Microsoft SQL Server. I am seeing errors in the c...
Hi Team, I created the PowerServer Project with our current development oracle database and deployed the project to Azure App Service using Visual Studio 2022 (Direct Deployment).  PowerServer Project: Publish to Azure App Service: When We ru...
I have a situation where I have two windows open; Window A and Window B. Window A has the focus. I click a button on Window A, and in the click event handler it calls GetFileSaveName(). Even if nothing else happens after that (I commented out all th...
Hello, IS there a way to calculate the difference between two dates in years, months, days taking into leap year also into consideration ? Happiness AlwaysBKR Sivaprakash  ...
PB 2022 Does anyone know how I can determine if a user selected an attachment within an email to drag/drop using OLE?   When I get notified of the drop I loop through all the selected email items using .ActiveExplorer.Selection.Count.  Once I have ...
Are external user connections not allowed connection to the powerserver application with the Developer's license for powerserver? Users on the domain are able to connect without issue to the same powerserver application. I have a powerserver applic...
Team,  From yesterday (29/07/2024) the browser icon is not working which helps to browse the objects. I have attached the PB version details in the attachment....
Hello Today I got message: --------------------------PB220.exe - Ordinal Not Found---------------------------The ordinal 2021 could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\PowerBuilder 22.0\IDE\pbsys.dll. ----------...
Good morning to all, On a machine with Windows Server 2012 R2 I have the same process that happens the following: Compiled and with its PB 2022 Build 1892 runtime packager, it takes: 18 minutes. Compiled and with its runtime packager of PB 2022 R3...
My application is very slow when i am doing select, insert. When i am navigation from one window to another i don't have a problem with. Where am i going wrong?...
Hi All,   As I have already posted PB2019 Migration issue that while opening application for the first time it is opened but for the second time it says Application already running even though we close the application. I have tried all the suggeste...
Hi PowerSphere   Around 20-25+ years ago - there was a (maybe) free product called DPBServer ( which used the "late" Distributed PowerBuilder object)  It was pretty awesome - and i was wondering if someone out there had the sourcecode. ( guess PB6...
Hi PowerSphere, I was wondering if someone noticed if PBTools was made open source ... again. (it was on codeplex - http://myelkovan.codeplex.com/)  PBTools are a bunch of pretty cool tools - made by Murat Yelkovan...  I have tried to reach ...
Please forgive me if any of my statements below are not correct! That's one of the reasons I'm writing this post, to get informed about the current status and clear up any misconceptions on my part. Since Microsoft SQL Server 2016, the Datetime data...
After using PB2022 R2 for about 6 hours this day, the IDE crashed (no surprises here).Now each time I am trying to start it, I get the following message, so I am unable to use IDE! I tried restarting the computer (Windows 11 Enterprise 22H2), rein...
Hello, I am using auto-size on a column in a datawindow and that works well. My problem is when the text wraps around, I want to know either the height of the column or the number of lines it now has. I tried using describe to get the height and I t...
Hi,   I have a problem with time precision this is the value in the database of a time column 16:29:15.983 Put displays in a datawindow as 16:29:15.000 Now this is not a problem as such because im not that bothered about factions of seconds , t...
  Hi, Team   While running from source code, it is importing .Xml files into the data window, but from the Exe. It is not importing to the data window and it is throwing error code -4. The code which I used to import is given below. lds_xml = cre...
I am on Powerbuilder 2022 R3 and I am looking into using the new PDFDocument functionality I can't seem to find the functionality to add paging into the document. Say for example "Page 5 of 20" if I am importing 5 datawindows into a document I imag...
I have a question about the SQLPreview Event of DataWindow When you want to skip your current query based on a specific condition, for example, if I want to skip a DELETE query from being sent to the database, I can return 2 from this event, and it ...

There are no discussions available here currently