Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Good morning.I can't find information about the properties in the red circle.In the "Appeon PowerBuilder® 2019 R2 - datawindow_programmers_guide_3" I can't find anything Any advice on where to look? ty GMY   ...
Hi, I'm looking to develop my first web API in Powerbuilder 2019R2 to replace some aging PHP applications.  Our PHP applications create a lot of dynamic sql (generally the from and where clauses) based on the arguments passed from the client.  I'm lo...
Buenas Tardes Estimados   Tengo el siguiente caso , tengo 2 bases de datos en distintos servidores y estoy despeglando mi aplicacion de power builder en la WEB pero al momento de elegir el DATASOURCE la transaccion SQLCA solo permite una base de da...
Hi Roland. In a post Roland Smith wrote me: << Sheet windows are displayed within a control called mdi_1. The resize event of the window can change the x / y / width / height of mdi_1 >> What do you mean ?Can you explain better this 't...
Hi All We want to know about PowerBuilder and IBM MQ compatibility . Could you please advise answers for below-1)What is the MQ Client  compatible version with our current PB version 2017 R3 Build 1853 ?2) The latest launched PB version i.e 2029 R2 ...
Hello together, may I ask, is there any other possibilty in PB 17 to have another graph control for line type than the implemented? Sorry, but that one looks like a little antiquted, or I'm doing anything wrong? thanks for any suggestions, Bern...
Here is another weird SyntaxFromSQL If I select pmf.corp, pmf.branch from pmf; I get column=(type=char(2) updatewhereclause = yes name=corp dbname="pmf.corp") column=(type=char(2) updatewhereclause = yes name=pmf_branch dbname="pmf.branch") If I ...
I have clicked the forgot password link and I am sent a link to change my password, however,  I need to enter my current password which I have forgotten.  ...
Hi all. When I Push from PB2019R2, it gives me the following error: Unexpected EOF. Failed to push workspace. Does anyone know why it can happen? Thank you very much in advance...
Hello, I need help on how to integrate google authenticator with powerbuilder application. What we want to implement is that, when user log in into the application he/she will need to get the code from google authenticator and key in into powerbuil...
More and more customers ask us for the possibility to add an attachment (for example in XML like Zugferd)) to a generated PDF-invoice. It would be good if we could attach files to PDFs directly inside Powerbulder (NativPDF). Greetings   Roy...
Has anybody of you been successful implementing Zugferd-compatible PDF documents using the Amyuni ActiveX in combination with PowerBuilder? We can create the PDFCreactiveX control without any problems, but then run into runtime errors where we canno...
Hi all, It occurs to me that ALL Windows 10 PCs have the "Microsoft Print to PDF" printer and driver installed. Therefore, if one could nominate the name of the folder/file where the PDF is to be stored this solves all the print to PDF problems. No...
Hi All,Can someone please show me how I would generate JSON in the below format?I'm not sure on how to create the "shipments" array of objectsThanks,Nas   { "shipments":[ { "shipment_reference":"XYZ-001-01", "customer_reference_1":"Order 001", "cus...
Hi Team, We do have a client requirement to add some functionality in the client application to the Open/Read profiler Trace file. Does anyone have an idea about How to open and read PBP file content programmatically through PowerBuilder? Thanks &...
I think this is a bug but I thought I post it here first it case I'm just wacky. I am using SQLCA.SyntaxFromSQL to build a DW on the fly. Since all the key fields were included it makes the dw updatable. This works fine except in the case where ther...
I have a composite datawindow with 9 nested reports. I want to be able to use PFC row manager service in two of them nested reports so my users can double click in a row and I can bring the detail for that row. Is it that posible? anyone have done it...
Hi everybody, I am trying to set background of my mdi style window with a picture. When I try to do this using picture object, I can not see child windows opened in this mdi frame. If anybody tells me ways to do this I will be glad. The id...
Hello All, I have a window with tab control where each tab has a composite datawindow on it.  When I try to open window,  it takes so long to open....over 3 minutes some times.  I had noticed print spooler etc. was very busy and that the current pri...
I have PowerBuilder 2017, PowerBuilder 2019 and PowerServer 2019  installed on the same virtual machine Window Server 2012 64-bit). I tried to deploy my PB 2017 application as web one but discovered that Appeon part of the toolbar in PB 2017 is disab...

There are no discussions available here currently