Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi,   I have a paid Cloud subscription. When I download and install a trial Universal edition on a VPS for testing purposes I get the message that I cannot login both with and active subscription and a trial subscription (see attached image).   P...
Hi, i have a problem calling a .dll external function from Powerbuilder 12.5 This is the situation: The function i have to call required two data structure parameters, defined in the reference guide as: typedef struct { char Amount[8+1]; char E...
Is there a command I can send in my Appeon mobile app's Close event that will also close down the workspace? I'd like to make it seamless for the user so they don't need to close the workspace on their mobile when they close my app....
Appeon Auto Compiler - Do you have any plan to support multiple ‘.pbr’ files per application?...
Good morning, companions of the community appeon.I want to know what recommendations or type of test should be performed for the correct function of my Powerbuilder application in Windows Server 2016.thank you, for support....
I have an n-up datawindow with 10 columns (the client wants to emulate a spreadsheet their field staff are using).  The first row has additional fields that apply to all subsequent rows.  To save space, I added expressions to the fields to move them ...
Hi all From PB 2017 R3 .JSON files are generated and deposited in a directory to be read by another third party application made in Java.The JSON files generated from PowerBuilder are stored encoded in USC-2 LE BOM and the Java application requires ...
I've seen lots of posts on how to validate a user via LDAP for web & PB classic, but I need to do it in a mobile app. I've read up on the Appeon workaround function "AppeonLDAPLogon" but again this is for web only. So, is it possible to verify a use...
Hello, just a question. Is there any plan for PB to natively support MSOLEDBSQL announced https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/sqlnativeclient/2017/10/06/announcing-the-new-release-of-ole-db-driver-for-sql-server/ and downloadable using this link? ht...
Is there an easy way to prevent or turn off printing.  We have a new requirement in which we need to prevent users from printing from a PowerBuilder app due to security.  Is there an easy way to detect printing and stop it.  Trying to avoid adding co...
Hi Team , Recently we migrated our application to Power builder 2017 but however the application is being kicked off once in a while ( Mostly while switching between two PB applications in as reported by user ) with below error screen . All users us...
v. 2017 R3 build 1858.  32 bit application code, applies to both W7/W10.   We have migrated from 12.6 Classic, very smoothly, so far with the exception of the following possible bug: I have a program module producing various types of RTF formatted...
Hey All - Are there any tricks to getting the UFA report to refresh? I have tried undeploying my app profile and re-deploying it, but the report still displays code which I have removed. I've made incremental changes, incremental and full deployment...
Powerbuilder2017R2 successfully installed on a Windows Server 2016 Datacenter virtual machine.  This is a newly created virtual machine. This is from the event viewer showing Powerbuiilder successfully installed: "Windows Installer installed th...
I'm having a problem in PB 2017 R2.  I created two tables in SQL Server 2008 R2.  First is parent with identity column, the child table has foreign key to parent identity column. In PB parent datawindow, I select the identity column in Update Proper...
Hi Everyone, I am saving a document in Database through RTE and it does save fine but there is ONE issue. The document I am trying to save as two column document (like newspaper) and columns are justified but RTE does not hold justify feature of doc...
I would like to get some ideas on how others are handling the following situation, I am sure many have dealt with this. You have a drop down datawindow that displays codes, the drop down has the code value and its description.  The code value is wha...
Hi! Is it possible to have both version 2017 R2 and 2017 R3 installed on the same machine at the same time? Anders Ångström...
Update:   Much research revealed this thread from July 19, 2016 at 18:31 PM:                     https://archive.sap.com/discussions/thread/3930331 Still trying to use the example and learn how to retrieve and read STRING data. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...
I have an ActiveX control which I need to render to a report. The control has a method which accepts a device context handle. So I think I can do this using the PRP_GetDC() function of PSHR170.DLL, something like this;   long ll_printjob ulong l...

There are no discussions available here currently