Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
It am using Powerbuilder 2017 R2.  I have a button on my datawindow.  When I click the button the ItemFocusChanged event on the datawindow is triggering.  Per the PB help "In the ItemFocusChanged event, dwo is always a column control. Therefore, y...
Hello, we migrated our application to PB 2017 in late July, and we were not aware of the change related to Rich Text / RTE.  We only have a couple places in our App that use RTE, but they are pretty important.  We have recently found out about the ch...
English Text: Hello Community, We have two questions about parallel using of the PowerBuilder. Advance information: Our company develops two types of software with PowerBuilder. Long-lived ERP software, which is updated on several years and...
Can anyone help me sending mail through the windows 10 internal mail client. ...
I can access the tables, run queries, etc.  However, when I click on the + next to Tables in the treeview for the Objects window, nohting shows up. ...
Hi all, I received the message "Failed to load asmpoc.dll because it is not a valid .Net Assembly" after the following steps using PB 2017 R2: 1. create a .Net Assembly target from an existing target 2. expose the methods in the Project Obje...
How are we supposed to handle imported PBD files (like pbdom170.pbd) together with Native SVN? If I just include the PBD in the Library List of the target, Native SVN always (unsuccessfully) tries to add the contents of the pbd to the repository. ...
Hmm.  If this appears twice, please excuse me. Trying to mask a column in a datawindow (SSN) so upon retrieval its appears as ***-**-1234 (the last four of the SSN). Then what the user clicks on the row of interest in the datawindow the SSN is ...
Hi Someone uses https://bitbucket.org with PB2017R2 ( for company private project ) ? Is it a good alternative to GitHUB ? Thy GMY ...
Hi, Is TortoiseSVN 1.6.16 compatible with PB2017 R2? We use TortoiseSVN 1.6.16.  We are on Win 7/32 bit for now and will eventually be going to Win 10 but for now we will need to migrate to PB2017 R2 and EBF01 on Win 7. Many thanks! Pauli...
I installed PB2017 R2 fresh (after uninstalling PB2017) and migrated my source.  All went well.  I can run the app from the IDE and things look and perform perfectly, as far as I have tested.  I'm now trying to create an executable app so we can ...
We use the olecontrol.insertFile (...) method to populate an olecontrol object with a file system document - for example, "foo.xlsx".  How can we now extract the document out of the olecontrol, and write it back into a file system document?  We...
I'm Testing the new Release of PowerServer. for PB 2017 i installed the toolbar using the PB Installation  I need to install the tookit in  PB11.5 and PB12.5 and there is no installation in the PowerServer Trial. Please any guide on how ...
I have a datawindow select data from a table from SQL DB. Whenerer I try to simply select an additional column in datawindow data source (TSQL select) or even just edit the SQL where clause that change nothing on columns.  "The action just take...
Hi, I installed PB2017 #1681 and then the Localized Runtime #1681. I then uninstalled PB2017 #1681 to install PB2017R2 #1756. Can I install the same Localized Runtime MR#1681 or do I have to wait for a new one for PB2017R2 #1756? (I guess it...
Hi All, I am new to Power Builder .NET 12.6 . How do i make connection to Oracle database? , i have software installed on my machine which is Windows 10 64-bit.  Thanks in advance. NA   ...
Dear Community, 1. Currently I am using Power Builder 2017 R2 trial version. I successfully converted source code from PB version 12.5 to 12.6 ( PB2017R2). With the source code PB2017 R2 is fine. But when I Build the executable and generate pbds f...
Hi What I'm doing is using external datawindows as templates for another external datawindow (to make a calendar). From the templates I get the objects I'll create in the calendar datawindow.   Basically I dw_template.describe(...
Hi, I've sort of got Git working but I've got a problem with one of my applications where it won't commit changes.  I can edit an object and Powerbuilder knows its modified but when I Commit it, it doesn't seem to update the repo. ...
PB 2017 R2, Build 1756 Hello PB Community, I have the OLE code to paste the contents of a datawindow to an Excel spreadsheet (thank you to all the examples available online!) I want to copy multiple datawindows into the same worksheet, but p...

There are no discussions available here currently