Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi, I am trying to translate Pb application Spanish language to english. How to enable to use Pb translation tool in my current small application. Could you please advice or share sample code for more help .   Thanks,  ...
Hi everyone I've got a grid datawindow with several rather narrow columns. I'd like to have a group header that's wider than the columns and basically ignores the grid. (see example from Excel) I've tried putting the control in the group header i...
Hello guys Can someone please help me to clear out this issue? I try to create a web Service in appeon PB 2017 R3 but I cannot advance after declaring the WSDL file.  Background Appeon PowerBuilder 2017 R3 Declaring web Service proxy wizard as...
Hi,  Tried to connect Postgre  -- Appeon PowerServer thru ODBC, but getting an error "[Application name=mdm,conn cache=mdm_test]key=value argument incorrect in ConnectionString Parameter name: dsn". While Instaling PowerBuilder enterprise not showi...
I don't see anything about how to send an SMS from a PS Mobile app. I am looking for a way for the app to send a text without any additional interaction from the user.  This does mean the application would require permissions to send text. This wor...
Hi Roland, One month before, I have asked you how to be able to define the mail originator when I'm sending an email from Power Builder program. You have advice me to use SMTP (code example on http://www.topwizprogramming.com) which is working fine...
Hi All, I am hoping that the community can point me in the right direction here to try and track down why a specific window in an application crashes consistently on an attempt to open. Running under Windows 10 and built with PB2017 R3, Build 1858,...
How do I get a download for the SQL Anywhere Developer Edition?   I downloaded PB 2017 R3 Ultimate and it appears I do not have SQL Anywhere on my system.  Thanks....
I did a search and found this post which I think answers this question. I have not tried it myself. It says the install is about 8 MB which would be perfect. https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/46AEB433.7070100%40amsoftwaredesign.com Edit: Sorry...
Hello, Using PowerBuilder 2017 R3, PostgreSQL 11 Need to pass a string array value to the following query, written in an itemchanged event. Select count(*) into :ll_count from tableA where series in (:ls_array); Tried: Method 1:String         ls...
Has the datawindow sort function on computed fields been fix?...
Most of the documentation I've read seems to focus on "replacing" existing PB C/S with a web version. Is it reasonable to consider and/or has anyone tried to use a single code base for targeting both C/S and web deployments? If so are there specific ...
Hi Guru The maximum connection pool limit in the connection of a webservices does not work.  If I recall the code more than once, the number of connections increases infinitely even if I set the limit to 10. Any idea to solve the problem? Thanks ...
It's possible to use Azure Fabric Service to create cluster of pb webservices ?! If is not possible , what can use to create cluster ?!...
Hello, We have over 40 PB applications and have started to migrate to PowerBuilder 2017 R3.  Currently, we do the build process using CruiseControl and have orcascripts written to get from SVN to do the builds.  With the migration to PB17, I would...
Hi, I don't know how to send JSON-arguments to a RESTfull webservice with PB2017R3 ... That is the whole "documentation" that I've got:URL: http://12.34.56.78/blabla.phpHEADER: "Content-Type: application/json" POST-Data in JSON-format:  {  "_METHOD...
RE datawindow colors: Can someone explain what the difference is between the transparent RGB color 553648127 (displays with a white "N" in the palette) and 536870912 (displays with a black "N" in the palette)? In older versions of PB it was not poss...
Hi,   I have a paid Cloud subscription. When I download and install a trial Universal edition on a VPS for testing purposes I get the message that I cannot login both with and active subscription and a trial subscription (see attached image).   P...
Hi, i have a problem calling a .dll external function from Powerbuilder 12.5 This is the situation: The function i have to call required two data structure parameters, defined in the reference guide as: typedef struct { char Amount[8+1]; char E...
Is there a command I can send in my Appeon mobile app's Close event that will also close down the workspace? I'd like to make it seamless for the user so they don't need to close the workspace on their mobile when they close my app....

There are no discussions available here currently