1. Susana Domingos
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Wednesday, 21 August 2019 08:22 AM UTC

Using PowerBuilder 19 and standalone compiler PBC190. All works as expected in PowerBuilder 19.

When using PBC190, the creation of the dll's failes.
Elevated Commandline is:
pbc190.exe /d "E:\_troubleshoot\Ada\ada.pbt" /o "E:\_troubleshoot\Ada\ada.exe" /r "E:\_troubleshoot\Ada\ada.pbr" /w n /f /m y /tr n /in y /op 0 /x 32 /bg y /p "ADA" /cp "Falck Emergency IT" /de "ADA" /cr "Falck Emergency IT" /v "1.0.0.1" /vn "1.0.0.1" /fv "1.0.0.1" /fvn "1.0.0.1" /ge 0

One of the logfiles is as follows - all logfiles have the same last 8-line pattern:
CGEN: Compiling 'C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Temp\DN32T.c'
C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Temp\DN32T.h(1) definition of macro 'PS_UNICODE' not identical to previous definition
C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Temp\DN32T.h(1) included from C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Temp\DN32T.c(4)
C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Temp\DN32T.h(1) macro 'PS_UNICODE' defined on the command line
C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Temp\DN32T.h(5828) definition of macro 'SUCCEEDED' not identical to previous definition
C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Temp\DN32T.h(5828) macro 'SUCCEEDED' defined in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\AutoCompiler 19.0\cgen\h\strsafe.h(40) (col 9)
C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Temp\DN32T.h(5829) definition of macro 'FAILED' not identical to previous definition
C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Temp\DN32T.h(5829) macro 'FAILED' defined in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\AutoCompiler 19.0\cgen\h\strsafe.h(44) (col 9)
C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Temp\DN32T.h(53744) '//' style comment continues on next line
C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Temp\DN32T.h(53745) '//' style comment continues on next line
C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Temp\DN32T.h(53746) '//' style comment continues on next line
C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Temp\DN32T.h(53747) '//' style comment continues on next line
C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Temp\DN32T.h(53748) '//' style comment continues on next line
C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Temp\DN32T.h(69484) nested comment found in comment started on line 69483
CGEN: Compiling 'C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Temp\ada.c'
CGEN: Compiling 'C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Temp\cgpwkurp.c'
CGEN: Linking...
CGEN: Resource compiling 'C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Temp\ada.rc'
WATCOM Windows Resource Compiler Version 11.0
Copyright by Sybase, Inc., and its subsidiaries, 1993, 1997.
All rights reserved. Watcom is a trademark of Sybase, Inc.
C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Temp\ada.rc(33) Error! 36: '$' is not valid at this point
C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Temp\ada.rc(34) Error! 36: '$' is not valid at this point
C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Temp\ada.rc(54) Error! 49: Syntax error near "end"

What's causing this?

Accepted Answer
René Ullrich Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 21 August 2019 09:20 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # Permalink

Hi Susana,

Are your sure that it is not the $ from your command line ("$(version.number)") that causes the problem?

Comment
  1. Susana Domingos
  2. Wednesday, 21 August 2019 09:28 AM UTC
I updated my question with the correct command.

Thank you René, and _sorry_, I had copied that from a build pipeline and not from the actual command line I'm running it from (facepalm).

1. Helpful
  1. Susana Domingos
  2. Wednesday, 21 August 2019 11:11 AM UTC
And thank you again, you pointed me in the right direction - I had a leading 0 (zero) in one of my version numbers. In this post someone had already identified that as a PBC issue: https://community.appeon.com/index.php/qna/q-a/autocompiler-fails-with-executable-link-error
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.

There are replies in this question but you are not allowed to view the replies from this question.