1. Susana Domingos
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Monday, 17 June 2019 07:18 AM UTC

Hi,

We have a workspace with 10 different projects; one of the projects has 20 additional libraries. This project takes 1m24s to compile using the PowerBuilder 19 IDE. Using the PBC190 utility takes over 2h (using Microsoft Azure Cmd task).

Is there any way of improving this performance?

Thank you.

Accepted Answer
Susana Domingos Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 21 August 2019 08:03 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # Permalink

This had to do with the switches for PBC190, especially the version numbering formats.

Hope this helps someone, sometime.

Comment
  1. Matthew Balent
  2. Wednesday, 21 August 2019 13:19 PM UTC
Can you show what you changed?
  1. Helpful
  1. Susana Domingos
  2. Thursday, 22 August 2019 06:20 AM UTC
Hi Matthew,

Sure

0. I had to make sure that all my checked-out code files were not read-only.

1. I had to make sure that the last switch was set to the following, creating one exe file and all the remaining as dll's

/pd n

2. The version format switches are a pain, really. They have to be comprised of four integer values, the docs say. What they do _not_ clarify is that these are short unsigned integer values (0 to 65535), and that you can't have a leading zero digit in any of them. At first I was using the date format yyyyMMdd... (too big), then partitioned yyyy.MMdd.. (leading zero in MMdd). FInally settled with yyyy.Mdd..

In all this is that the log files weren't very useful, and the process doesn't break, it just never finished or simply doesn't create the dll's.

Hope this helps!
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.

There are replies in this question but you are not allowed to view the replies from this question.