1. Simone Olianti
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Friday, 20 April 2018 16:30 PM UTC

Hi there pb fellows... I am testing the autocompile utility (Appeon PB 2017 R2). Everything worked like a charm, and i was able to put the script as a planned operation without troubles.

My question is: is it normal that the utility is very slow compared to the standard compilation launched from the IDE? I made a full rebuild with debug symbol disabled and generating 32 bit Pcode. From the ide usually takes about 40 mins to compile my project, but from pbc it took more than 4 hours.
tia,
  simone

Accepted Answer
Tom Jiang @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 24 April 2018 09:13 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # Permalink

Hi Simone,

PBC170 is a small compiler than the full-blown PB IDE. It is normal if there is some performance difference between the two. But the difference in your case seems to be rather large. If you can provide a sample project code that can duplicate the issue, I suggest that you open a support ticket for your case.   

Regards, 

​Tom Jiang

Comment
  1. Simone Olianti
  2. Tuesday, 24 April 2018 14:54 PM UTC
i guess i finally found what was wrong.. it was a machine problem in my case. I tried to launch the autocompiler on another machine and it took almost the same time as the ide compiler

1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Tareq Haschemi Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 23 April 2018 14:19 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi there, I have also observed this. via the IDE we compile in 5 minutes, via autocompile pbc170 we need 20 minutes.

This is also very slow for us.

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.