1. Richard Spahr
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Tuesday, 28 February 2023 19:14 PM UTC

Hi,

On my development box I've successfully created, deployed, and invoked a "hello world" .NET Web Service (obsolete, I know)

The next step was to include database access within the Web Service, but now I'm getting an error that seems to indicate I need to install the PB .NET runtime package:

Sybase.DataWindow.DataWindowServerLoadFailedException: DataWindow Server PBDWM150.DLL or required DLLs (atl71.dll, msvcp71.dll or msvcr71.dll)  not found.

The help files seem to describe that the required files are included in the PBCLTRT 19.2.0.2779.msi, but the error still occurs.

The Runtime Packager adds required files for both the EasySoap and .NET Web service engines when you select the SOAP Client for Web Service check box. For more information about required files for these services, see PowerBuilder extensions.

All instructions prior to 2019R3 describe adding a pbpack.ini to the Shared folder to "unhide" a section of checkboxes in the packager: e.g. https://www.appeon.com/standardsupport/search/view?id=3403

I've tried putting a PBPack.ini into the new "shared" folder location (C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\Common\PowerBuilder\Runtime 19.2.0.2779) and also into what looks like the PBPackager gold copy at C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\PowerBuilder Runtime Packager\Runtime 19.2.0.2779

But so far no luck.  Am I making this harder than it has to be?

Thanks,

Bryan

Richard Spahr Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 1 March 2023 20:33 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

And finally had to copy pbdwm.dll from the Packager folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\PowerBuilder Runtime Packager\Runtime 19.2.0.2779 to someplace with system path access (for me, I had added the Common Runtime location to my system path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\Common\PowerBuilder\Runtime 19.2.0.2779)

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Richard Spahr Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 28 February 2023 19:28 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Found the answer in yet another thread about this: https://community.appeon.com/index.php/qna/q-a/pbnetrtxxx-net-msi-for-pb19rc3

Copy the .INI file to the folder where the PBACK.exe App is located. That should be something like: C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\PowerBuilder 19.0\IDE in the PB2019 R3 release.

Comment
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Wednesday, 1 March 2023 01:45 AM UTC
Thanks for searching and posting the solution!
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.