1. Esau Redwan
  2. PowerServer
  3. Wednesday, 10 July 2024 00:05 AM UTC

Hello All,

I have a question concerning deployment of the client application that connects to PowerServer.

Lets say we have 100 virtual machines that need to use the PowerServer application. I know that each user can visit the landing page and run the launcher and install the application but that is tedious and troublesome. The problem is each of the users are not proficient with IT related tasks.

Because of this dilemma, we need a way to package and install the client app to 100 virtual machines without them having to go to the launcher website to install. The app should be installed automatically whether through PowerShell scripts or some other automated process and users able to launch the PowerServer app with a shortcut. 

The external deployment executable is for the server installation not client so that wont work as far as I know. 

How can I achieve this?

Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 10 July 2024 00:56 AM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 1

Hi Esau;

The Cloud App Launcher (CAL) installation is provided in both an install EXE & MSI. So you can have that pushed out in the background & pre-installed automatically behind the scenes on the 100 user machines.

Then you can just give the App users the URL for the PS App. When running that URL link, the CAL will be engaged automatically behind the scenes without the App users intervention. So basically, the PS App will just magically appear without any user install prompting.

Another avenue instead of using the App URL approach is that the CAL can create a PS App short-cut when the App is 1st downloaded. You could just push that short-cut out behind the scenes so it just appears one day on the 100 PS App users machines. Then all they need to do is double click that App shortcut. That will then engage the pre-installed CAL that will in turn then start the PS App.

HTH 

Regards... Chris

Comment
  1. Esau Redwan
  2. Wednesday, 10 July 2024 22:13 PM UTC
Thanks for the quick reply Chris. How can the CAL install a PS app? I thought the cloud app launcher only installs the runtime and the install URL has to be visited or clicked.

How can I push a short cut behind the scenes without the install URL being visited?
  1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Wednesday, 10 July 2024 22:41 PM UTC
No, the CAL does both.

The short-cut can be pushed via a Windows Policy change or other software. You should contact your IT Support team for that aspect & advice.
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
David Xiong @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 11 July 2024 09:23 AM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 2

Hi Esau,

If Chris's suggested method does not meet your requirements, I recommend submitting this issue as an enhancement request in our support system (https://www.appeon.com/standardsupport/newbug).

Regards,
David

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.