1. Bryant Burnard
  2. PowerServer
  3. Thursday, 23 June 2022 15:56 PM UTC

Hi,

(Using PB 2021 Build 1506, Oracle 19 back end)

I have been working with Don C of Intertech trying to sort out some of our calls to Oracle stored procedures / functions / packages. Found that the following call doesn't work when deploying to PowerServer in my local environment, but works fine in PB 2021

DECLARE get_tank_name PROCEDURE FOR f_getTankName (:as_company_id,:as_battery_id,:as_tank_id);

EXECUTE get_tank_name;

If (SQLCA.SQLCode = 0) Then
FETCH get_tank_name INTO :is_tankName;
ElseIf (SQLCA.SQLCode = 100) Then
is_tankName = ''
End If

CLOSE get_tank_name;

RETURN is_tankName

it returns the following error:

dbug: PowerServer[0]
Validate Session Id: '177C8A6A-2ACD-49E9-94F5-4EBBD6B4F7D2' Session Status: 'Actived' Session Last Visit Time: '2022-06-15 5:54:42 PM'
Non Db Transaction Request, Transaction Id: '36B79D50-DB52-4180-A7D3-074D1A3C3E95-1', ModuleOrModel Name: '', DbRequest: 'EStoreProcedure', NonSelectCommandWasExecuted: true
Non Db Transaction Request, Transaction Id: '36B79D50-DB52-4180-A7D3-074D1A3C3E95-1', Transaction Status: 'Created', Transaction Last Visit Time: '2022-06-15 5:54:43 PM', Namespace Name: 'Pvr', ModuleOrModel Name: '', DbRequest: 'EStoreProcedure', NonSelectCommandWasExecuted: 'False'
fail: PowerServer.Api.ServerApiController[0]
'PowerServer.Api.ServerApiController.StoreProcedureReturnDataSetAsync (PowerServer.Api)' get result ({
"IsSuccess": false,
"ErrorCode": 0,
"ErrorMessage": "Failed to parse the statement 'execute fget_tank_name ( ? , ? , ? ) ': The function or stored procedure might not exist.",
"Version": null, "RequestId": null,"AppName": null,"Session": {"ErrCode": 0,"ErrMsg": null,"SessionId": "177C8A6A-2ACD-49E9-94F5-4EBBD6B4F7D2"},
"Type": 0,"Transaction": {"TransactionId": null,"SQLCode": -1,"SQLDBCode": -1,"SQLErrText": "Failed to parse the statement 'execute fget_tank_name ( ? , ? , ? ) ': The function or stored procedure might not exist.","SQLNRows": 0,"SQLReturnData": null},"Content": null,"Namespace": null}).

If if move the function into a package body with the same permissions and use the same call:

DECLARE get_tank_name PROCEDURE FOR PKGPM_TANK_MASTER.getTankName(:as_company_id,:as_battery_id,:as_tank_id);

it returns a tank name.

Is there another way I can call functions to have them work in PowerServer / PowerBuilder?

David Xiong @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 24 June 2022 09:52 AM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 1

Hi Bryant,

There is an internal known issue with granting a synonym to public, such as below:
It may cause similar issues to authorize a public synonym to create public synonyms using Synonym inside.
Create OR Replace Public synonym f_getTankName for test.f_getTankName;
Grant all on test.f_getTankName to public;

But I am not sure if it's the same issue in your case. Can you submit this problem to our ticket system (https://www.appeon.com/standardsupport/newbug) and upload a reproduce test case for us to analyze it. Thank you!

Regards,
David

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Ronnie Po Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 23 June 2022 16:29 PM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 2

Have you tried creating a DataWindow that gets its data from that stored procedure?

Comment
  1. Bryant Burnard
  2. Thursday, 23 June 2022 16:35 PM UTC
Hi Ronnie,

One of the things that I use as a test is if you can create a dw from the sp I'm calling. In this case you can't as it is a function without a sys_refcursor return value. What Don and I found odd is that it worked if I put it into a package and called. So, I was wondering what the difference in method calls is require.
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.