1. Bryant Burnard
  2. PowerServer
  3. Thursday, 23 June 2022 16:15 PM UTC

Using PowerServer 2021 in local deploy, PowerBuilder version 2021 Build 1506 in an Oracle 19 backend. I am working with Don C of Intertech to check my work.

We are using one procedure within a package to cover Update / Insert / Delete within a stored procedure update on datawindows. This works fine within the PB 2021 client, but in a deploy to PowerServer 2021 we are getting an error.  The call is:

pkgpm_table_tnx.ModifiyTableTnx ( update_mode, value1, Value2, ... ), where the update_mode is a character value of I / U / D.

and we get the following error:

dbug: PowerServer[0]
Non Db Transaction Request, Transaction Id: 'D544CE44-B218-4163-B46E-FDC1B3D0DE03-1', Transaction Status: 'Created', Transaction Last Visit Time: '2022-06-23 4:11:39 PM', Namespace Name: 'Pvr', ModuleOrModel Name: 'd_province', DbRequest: 'DataStore_Update', NonSelectCommandWasExecuted: 'True'
dbug: PowerServer[0]
ModuleOrModel Name:'d_province', SqlId:'', SqlStatement:'PKGPM_PROVINCE_TNX.SELECTPROVINCETNX;1 :AC_RESULT'
fail: PowerServer.Api.ServerApiController[0]
'PowerServer.Api.ServerApiController.DataStoreUpdate (PowerServer.Api)' get result ({
"IsSuccess": false,
"ErrorCode": 0,
"ErrorMessage": "Stored procedure update does not support the use of non-column data sources",
"Version": null,
"RequestId": null,
"AppName": null,
"Session": {
"ErrCode": 0,
"ErrMsg": null,
"SessionId": "F7CB0C2E-81AB-4C7F-BDB9-0EBE62AB20D9"
},
"Type": 0,
"Transaction": {
"TransactionId": null,
"SQLCode": -1,
"SQLDBCode": -1,
"SQLErrText": "Stored procedure update does not support the use of non-column data sources",
"SQLNRows": 0,
"SQLReturnData": null
},
"Content": {"Event": {"DbError": {"SqlDbCode": -1,"SqlErrText": "Stored procedure update does not support the use of non-column data sources",
"SqlSyntax": null,"DwBuffer": 0,"RowId": 0}},"Responses": null},"Namespace": null}).

Is there a way or setting that can be used to support the existing code with out a re-code?

Ronnie Po Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 23 June 2022 16:26 PM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 1

I've also run into this issue. Every parameter passed to the stored procedure needs to be a column value. If you are currently using computed columns or DW expressions as stored procedure parameters, the easiest workaround is to create dummy columns to hold those values. I haven't yet tested the PB 2022 beta to see if this limitation has been addressed.

Comment
  1. Bryant Burnard
  2. Thursday, 23 June 2022 16:39 PM UTC
I have also noted that having a SQL statement with columns appended together (select column1 || Column2 as alias from table) need to have the columns separately in the select to work too.
  1. Helpful 1
  1. Bryant Burnard
  2. Thursday, 23 June 2022 16:47 PM UTC
Also, if the dw column names don't match to the table column names this can cause an error too, with an error like: fail: PowerServer.Api.ServerApiController[0]

'PowerServer.Api.ServerApiController.DataStoreUpdate (PowerServer.Api)' get result ({

"IsSuccess": false,

"ErrorCode": 0,

"ErrorMessage": "Object reference not set to an instance of an object.",

"Version": null,

"RequestId": null,

"AppName": null,

"Session": {

"ErrCode": 0,

"ErrMsg": null,

"SessionId": "D5CF14C6-7EE6-472D-A558-466990E259A9"

},

"Type": 0,

"Transaction": {

"TransactionId": null,

"SQLCode": -1,

"SQLDBCode": -1,

"SQLErrText": "Object reference not set to an instance of an object.",

"SQLNRows": 0,

"SQLReturnData": null

},

"Content": {

"Event": {

"DbError": {

"SqlDbCode": -1,

"SqlErrText": "Object reference not set to an instance of an object.",

"SqlSyntax": null,

"DwBuffer": 0,

"RowId": 0

}

},

"Responses": null

},

"Namespace": null

}).
  1. Helpful 1
  1. Logan Liu @Appeon
  2. Friday, 24 June 2022 10:51 AM UTC
Hi Bryant,

This is a currently unsupported feature. So it shows "Stored procedure update does not support the use of non-column data sources". Please use the solution provided by Ronnie to work around it.

Kindly please report this issue via our support ticketing system to ensure it is being properly received by our tech support and tracked at: https://www.appeon.com/standardsupport/. Could you also provide a case there that can reproduce the other 2 bugs?

Regards, Logan
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.