1. Juan Pedro Sanz Diez
  2. PowerServer
  3. Friday, 14 April 2023 13:27 PM UTC

Hello friends.

We are nearly to migrate from both powerserver 2020 Build 2323.00 64-bit Edition and powerbuilder 2019 R3 to powerserver 2022 and powerbuilder 2022.

Is safe to install in the same sever machine that are installed production apps in powerserver 2019, the new components and compiled apps from powerserver 2023? or is prudent do this into a separate machine?

Thanks.

Regards.

Juan Pedro Sanz Díez

mike S Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 14 April 2023 17:32 PM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 1

I have deployed my PS 2022 TEST version in my PS 2020 TEST machine.  PS 2020 is using both IIS and container for the WEB API (so i can test with either).  I have both running (PS 2022 and PS 2020 in test)

For production, i am using a container for the WEB API portion, so the client app is nothing more than a download.  So i have that on my production IIS server that also has PS 2020 on it.  Again, i have both actively running and being used.

are you removing the PS 2020/2019 version?  If so, i would use the same machine.

if you are keeping PS 2020/2019, then i would think about maybe a new machine depending on how/where are you deploying the WEB api components.  If you are deploying on IIS, then you *should* be ok, but it will use up some resources, and because of it being production i would use another machine.  If you are using container for the webapi, i would use the same iis server.  

note: I had to change some of my IIS settings due to how i had it setup for PS 2020 downloading the compressed files (10x).

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 14 April 2023 17:24 PM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 2

Hi Juan ;

Yes, they can co-exist nicely on the same development PCs. I have them on both my W10 & W11 machines with no interference issues from either PB / PS version.  HTH

Regards ... Chris

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.