1. Mike S
  2. PowerServer 2020 or older (Obsolete)
  3. Tuesday, 14 November 2017 18:05 PM UTC

When setting up on Azure,  since i don't need to use the special azure deployment things, can i simply select dedicated (on a vm)?

Or must i setup all of the azure things that i don't need to actually use for running this?  Setting it up as an AZURE specific install is a lot more complex and requires setting up things that i don't think that i need. 

The requirements for using a resource manager VM requires having to setup your VM and appeon in azure active directory. 

Using classic VM in not recommended by microsoft:  "Microsoft recommends that you use Resource Manager for all new resources. Microsoft recommends that you redeploy existing resources through Resource Manage"

Registering power server on azure requires a bunch of extra configurations:

Resource Manager VM -- You will need to provide the following information: Azure Subscription ID, Directory ID, Application ID, Key Value, and Virtual Machine Name.

The instructions on setting this up in appeon help is sparse too.  For example, what is key value? 

Why can't i just enter the subscription id and vm name to register this?

Mark Lee @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 6 February 2018 09:33 AM UTC
  2. PowerServer 2020 or older (Obsolete)
  3. # 1

Hi Mike,

Regarding Resource Manager VM, please refer to the follow link for details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-resource-manager/resource-group-create-service-principal-portal 

Why can't i just enter the subscription id and vm name to register this?

This is due to azure’s requirements on installation verification. Without the information, it will fail in the verification process.

Regards,

Mark Lee

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.