1. Brett Weaver
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Wednesday, 17 January 2024 19:26 PM UTC

Hi There

If I compile an application which uses MSOLEDBSQL19 in 64 bit PB2022 R3, deploying as a PowerClient, I get the following when I try to run the program

If I compile and deploy as a 32bit program all is fine.

Both 64bit and 32bit work fine on PB2022 R2.

I have looked and there does not appear to be any files missing in the X64 run times.

Is this the right forum to report this?

I have reverted to PB2022 R2 runtimes in the meantime (It is brilliant that we can do that and not have to deinstall and reinstall the IDE)

Brett Weaver Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 9 February 2024 04:08 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Embarrassed now.. I did not read the error message! As the error posted above it is MSOLEDBSQLDB... NOT MSOLEDBSQLDB19! Turned out deep in an .ini file I had connections specified to other databases that used that OLD driver not the latest...

Sorry folks this is resolved, with thanks.

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. Wednesday, 17 January 2024 22:38 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Thanks Chris

I am starting to get the feeling that our security bods might have applied some rules because everything is working on my home development environment. Sorry - I should have tried it there first.

Thanks for your time Chris

Appreciate the support I get

Cheers

Brett

Comment
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Wednesday, 17 January 2024 23:31 PM UTC
Ahhh, those sneaky "security bods" - LoL!
  1. Helpful
  1. Wednesday, 17 January 2024 21:50 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

Hi Chris 

When you say MSO DB  you mean the MSOLEDBSQL19 driver I assume. I will try it on my home development machine and see if I get the same result.

Thanks for your assistance

Brett

Comment
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Wednesday, 17 January 2024 21:57 PM UTC
Yes, as PB runtime only takes the 1st 3 letters of the DBMS="xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" assignment (in your case "MSOLEDBSQL19") and then uses that to load SS DB "Interface" {PBODB.dll) which in turn loads the real actual SS "MSOLEDBSQL19": driver client software (32 or 64 bit as required). HTH
  1. Helpful 1
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Wednesday, 17 January 2024 22:02 PM UTC
Brett: I just posted a new STD Framework (free & open source) Beta build of the OrderEntry Demo App for PB 2022 R3 on SourceForge if you would like to use that to test your SS connectivity with and / or have a look at my PowerScript code: https://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass/files/Applications/PowerBuilder/OrderEntry/Beta

HTH
  1. Helpful 1
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 17 January 2024 21:39 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 4

Hi Brett;

All good on PowerClient (and PowerServer) deployments as well ....

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. Wednesday, 17 January 2024 21:23 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 5

Chris,

The application runs perfectly unmodified on PB2022 R2 at 64bit as do a heap of other 64 bit applications.

It runs ok in the IDE at 64bit too. It appears to be the PowerClient deployed software that is not working with the driver and 64 bit.

Is that how you tested your software?

Cheers

Brett

Comment
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 17 January 2024 20:55 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 6

Hi Brett;

No problem for my STD Framework's OrderEntry "demo" App accessing SS2022 using the MSO DB driver, as follows:

DB Connection

Login to SS

SS Data

Just make sure that when you install the SS DB Client that you install both the 32 bit & 64 bit client software as supplied with your Microsoft SS DBMS installation. Also make sure that you deploy the PB 64 bit runtime that includes the MSO DB "Interface" driver as well.  HTH

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.