1. Glenn Scamman
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Tuesday, 27 February 2024 22:33 PM UTC

I like the tabbedview interface feature in PB2022R2.  We've been using the TabbedDocument style of Dockable windows for a couple years now (with OpenSheetAsDocument, rather than the plain old OpenSheet commands).  It worked relatively well but was a concern since the feature was obsoleted a few years back.  However, that approach did not have any way to control the look and feel of the tabs it created - color, font, font-size, etc.  There were no theme elements for them either.

I'm just now trying out the TabbedView, and have two features I'd like to control if possible.

1. Clicking a tab automatically adds the window title to the end of the Application Title bar.  Is there a way to turn this on or off? I think it is enough to see which tab is current.  The name doesn't also need to be in the application title.
  2. Which direction the new windows tabs are added to.  It currently adds a new tab on the left side, pushing existing tabs to the right.  Because of the way our application was working before, with new tabs being added to the right of existing tabs, I would love to keep that same direction so the users don't experience a big change.

If those features are controllable already, please let me know how.

If not, I hope they might be considered in future enhancements.

Thanks, Glenn

Who is viewing this page
John Fauss Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 28 February 2024 01:46 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi, Glenn -

There have been some changes/improvements in PB 2022 R3:

https://docs.appeon.com/pb/whats_new/Tab_enhancements.html

Best regards, John

Comment
  1. Glenn Scamman
  2. Friday, 1 March 2024 20:37 PM UTC
Thanks John. That solves one of two requests!
  1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Friday, 1 March 2024 21:12 PM UTC
Hi Glenn;

Here is the other missing part ... https://docs.appeon.com/pb2022r3/application_techniques/Displaying_sheets_in_tabbed_view.html

Check out the "Manipulating the tabbed view" section. HTH

Regards .. Chris
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.