1. Steven Turner
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Tuesday, 21 June 2022 12:01 PM UTC

Good morning,

We are currently using PB2017 R3

We have multiple reports that display project hierarchy in the header band (1-6 individuals). The columns are placed one below the other and their slide up value is set to "All Above" and autosize height is checked. This area will display and or shrink accordingly (based on the data).

The issue we are having is that the detail band will NOT move up accordingly, even though the columns in the detail band have "All above" and autosize height selected. What we get is a gap between the header information and the detail information if there's only 1-2 mgrs displayed in the header.

What are we not doing to make the detail information slide up the same way the header information does?
Thanks in advance...

Steve

Accepted Answer
Steven Turner Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 22 June 2022 09:56 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # Permalink

Here you go:

Comment
  1. Steven Turner
  2. Wednesday, 22 June 2022 11:41 AM UTC
I'm working on your computed column suggestion as I type this. I didn't mean that the Detail band should slide up into the Header band, I just assumed it should slide up in reference to how the header size increases/decreases.

I will take your word for it in regards to Autosize height lol
  1. Helpful
  1. René Ullrich
  2. Wednesday, 22 June 2022 11:44 AM UTC
Header size will not decrease. In Online Help (https://docs.appeon.com/pb2019r3/datawindow_reference/ch03s03.html#XREF_80815_Bandname_property) you can find this explanation for Height.AutoSize property:

Yes -- ... However, the band height cannot be reduced below the value set for the Height property of the band.

1. Helpful 1
  1. Steven Turner
  2. Wednesday, 22 June 2022 12:25 PM UTC
Displaying the values as a computed field (along with the autosize height) seems to have resolved our issue.

Thanks so much for your help!!!
  1. Helpful 1
There are no comments made yet.
John Fauss Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 21 June 2022 20:48 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi, Steven - 

How are the varying number of people being listed in the header band? Can you take a screen shot of the header and detail bands in the DW Painter?

You may have to use a composite report - One DW to produce the header (minus the column header, maybe) and another DW to produce the column headers and details.

Regards, John

Comment
  1. Tuesday, 21 June 2022 13:57 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Maybe I'm not explaining this correctly.

Here is an example:

ACME Report
VP - Joe Smith
OP MGR - Jane Smith                                             Field Supv - Jack Smith
                                                                           Field Supv2 - Mike Smith
                                                                           Field Supv3 - Mark Smith
                                                                           Field Supv4 - Manny Smith
                                                                           Field Supv5 - Maurice Smith
                                                                           Field Supv6 -- Jerry Smith

Customer Name    Product     Price
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Will Smith             Razor        $5.00 
Jane Doe              Lighter       $1.00

Above is what the report should look like if there were six mgrs assigned to this group. This works when there is sufficient data. 
When there doesn't exist six mgrs, the customer wants the space to dynamically shrink in the header and have the detail information moved up.

This is what they would want the above to look like if there were only 2 field supvervisors:

ACME Report
VP - Joe Smith
OP MGR - Jane Smith                                             Field Supv - Jack Smith
                                                                           Field Supv2 - Mike Smith

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what we are currently getting:

ACME Report
VP - Joe Smith
                                                                           Field Supv2 - Mike Smith

The detail information will not stay relative to where the header band ends.
Hope I haven't confused the situation more lol

Comment
  1. Tuesday, 21 June 2022 13:27 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

The main issues is that the detail band does not shrink dynamically, based upon what's displayed in the above bands. 
I have all columns/texts set = 'All Above' and have clicked autosize height AND left it blank. Under both scenarios, the detail band does not move as it would expected to do

Comment
  1. Brad Mettee
  2. Tuesday, 21 June 2022 13:32 PM UTC
All of your bands should be set to the minimum possible height. As René said, a band will not reduce to be smaller than it's design height, it can only increase.
  1. Helpful 1
René Ullrich Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 21 June 2022 13:17 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 4

Hi Steven,

I'm not sure I understood your problem.

Maybe the problem is, that autosize height may only increase the height of the band but not decrease (AFAIK).

Comment
  1. Tuesday, 21 June 2022 13:16 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 5

Yes, I have that set for ALL bands as well as having all columns, text slide up = "All Above"

Comment
Olan Knight Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 21 June 2022 13:12 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 6

Ensure that the DETAIL BAND itself has the AutoHeight option checked, as well as all of the required columns.

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.