1. Arthur Hefti
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Thursday, 27 February 2020 12:01 PM UTC

Hi

we do a lot of GUI testing with Ascential Test. For the next bigger release of the software we plan to use the RibbonBar instead of the current menus. When inspecting the Ribbon Control with Ascential Test the ribbon is a big window without any details. Would there be an interface for tests software providers (in special Ascential Test) that they can make use of and automate the ribbon?

Regards
Arthur

Brian Le Suer Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 23 April 2020 14:17 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hello Arthur,

I just confirmed that AscentialTest 9.6 recognizes the controls in the RibbonBar (PopupList, ComboBox, etc.). The RenderText capability recognizes the text used to label the images and the RenderImage capability can be used to recognize images. We will determine if it is possible to recognize the individual images as discreet objects and will update this post once it is known.

Regards,

Brian

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Brian Le Suer Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 27 February 2020 21:26 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Currently, AscentialTest provides support for the older tool bar and the new ribbon bar through a featured called RenderImage. Although the RenderImage features is image-based, it has proven to be very reliable for both our PowerBuilder and non-PowerBuilder users over the years. We will work with Appeon to determine if it is possible to e extend the TestAPI to include the Ribbon bar (and possibly the older toolbar) so that we can in turn provide the ability for AscentialTest users to see each tool/item as a discreet object. In the meantime, please use RenderImage.

Comment
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 27 February 2020 19:05 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

Hi Arthur;

I suspect that you would need to ask the AscentialTest product owner Zeenyx when they will be formerly supporting the RibbonBar control. I know that Appeon has given them a copy of both PB2019 R2 Beta and PS2020 beta as well. So the best answer (IMHO) would be to contact them on this. Just my $0.02 Cdn worth.  ;-)

Regards ... Chris

Comment
David Peace (Powersoft) Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 27 February 2020 14:04 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 4

I suspect that this is becuase of the way the ribbon control works. It is generated from the loaded config at runtime and then PB generates the UI layout. My guess is that you will not have a way round this as it is fundmental to the way the Ribbon UI is generated.

Personally I do not like the Ribbon control, not because of it's functionality, but more because it moves away from the WYSIWYG development approach in PB IDE. It is clearly a "bolt-on" and not part of the main development tool set.

FWIW That's by 2p worth.

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.