1. Joshua Corcoran
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Friday, 25 January 2019 19:28 PM UTC

I am running PowerBuilder 2017 R3, I have a data window that executes an Oracle procedure with an output parameter as a cursor.

If I execute the datawindow from within the powerbuilder IDE the results are returned and I can see the correct data.

When Run the application and/or build the application and execute it and attempt to utilize the same datawindow object that calls the procedure I get the following error:

ORA-01002: fetch out of sequence.

I have oracle 12c InstantClient 32 installed on my local machine. I can execute the same procedure from TOAD and another developer can run the application and the datawindow returns the results.

My guess is its a local configuration issue but its confusing because it works within the IDE with no problem but even when Running the app from the IDE it will not work.

Please help!

Joshua Corcoran Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 28 January 2019 12:59 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Chris, yes the 12c Client is set in the system's PATH environment variables and no the EXE is 32-BIT as well.

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Joshua Corcoran Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 25 January 2019 19:54 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi Chris. I am not specifically pointing it at a different instance so I assume it using the installed Oracle 12c InstantClient. I thought maybe that was the issue but its just weird that it works within the IDE but not when running the app. 

Does the IDE use the same client when running as when simply double clicking and viewing in the IDE?

Comment
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Monday, 28 January 2019 15:23 PM UTC
The " ORA-01002" error might be a DB Cursor has died in the middle of a FETCH loop.

Are you doing updates in a FETCH Loop?
  1. Helpful
  1. Joshua Corcoran
  2. Tuesday, 29 January 2019 23:24 PM UTC
Chris after a couple days of troubleshooting I figured out it had to do with the format of the date of my windows machine. The majority of users have the default format of mm/dd/yyyy I have dd-MMM-YYYY. Which when passed up to oracle does not convert to a valid date.
  1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Wednesday, 30 January 2019 00:24 AM UTC
Oh wow ... that's a weird one! :-( I am glad that you finally found the issue though.

FWIW: I always force & store my dates in the format CCYY-MM-DD to any DBMS. They seem to always like that as it is - after all - the ANSI standard. ;-)
  1. Helpful
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 25 January 2019 19:44 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

Hi Joshua;

Is your PB App connecting to O12C using the same DB Client (and version) mechanism and ... is this the same instance of O12C as the IDE is using?

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.