1. Vijay Gopalakrishnan
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Wednesday, 26 August 2020 18:33 PM UTC

Hi Folks, 

I have unique issue happens in both the PowerBuilder Versions 11.5 and Appeon PowerBuilder 2019 Version.

Any help will highly appreciated.

This is my issue.

I have ocx built in 2002 and deployed and working well with Windows Server 2008 R2 with PowerBuilder 11.5 Version.

The same ocx component doesn't work with Windows Server 2016 with PowerBuilder 11.5 Version and also Appeon PowerBuilder 2019 32 bit and also 64 bit app. 

The Ocx is properly registered. 

Any help why this is not working??

Thanks and Regards,

VJ

Vijay Gopalakrishnan Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 26 August 2020 19:56 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your response, we have another Citrix Server which has Windows 2016 in it and the same OCX works well with that setup. 

I am really puzzled about this.  

I got stuck in this..

Thanks and Regards,

VJ

Comment
  1. Vijay Gopalakrishnan
  2. Thursday, 27 August 2020 16:38 PM UTC
Chris

Verified the anti virus settings and policy - seems to be perfectly fine with the Windows 2016 Citrix Server. any thoughts how to address this issue.
  1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Tuesday, 1 September 2020 19:54 PM UTC
Hi Vijay ... have you coded the error events on the OLE control to try and get more information on the issue? Also, adding a TRY..CATCH and having that throw an exception could give you more information in the exception object's error properties as to the issue. Food for thought.

Regards ... Chris
  1. Helpful
  1. Vijay Gopalakrishnan
  2. Tuesday, 1 September 2020 20:14 PM UTC
I thought is a component called AWD is the issue and I have asked my Server team to install that. After installing the software again, I still get the error. I am planning to rebuild the Windows Server Again with all the components and then do the testing. again I will also try and catch Exception in my code.

I will provide you an update after these steps.
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 26 August 2020 18:53 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi VJ;

I suspect that it's the OCX's issue as the Windows 2016 internal architecture changed dramatically from W2008. Its core is now basically equivalent to W10. I would check with the OCX vendor for an updated version. 

Regards ... Chris

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.